Milestones and Trinkets should track old progress.

• I agree that milestones are supposed to track progress only on your ship but for things like fishing and other achievements it feels like a lot of work to redo that. While they should not count old achievements I think that the trinkets/trophies should track old progress so you can use certain trinkets

Aufrufe
    questioncommunityfeedbackgeneral
  • Slot of those weren't really tracked at all. I think alot of people misinterpreted the point of milesstones. They aren't achievements to be won over this season, but over the whole lifetime of the ship. People complain about the 500 hours on fire being impossible... It won't be if you use your ship constantly over a few years for example

• @ancientbeast434 I have over 1,000 hours of playtime that's asking me to spend 20 days worth on fire, that just seems like a lot.

• @cursedcaptn819 I agree. Making the milesstones like that will make the ship notorious... It may show others that you are a veteran of many battles (or just dumb enough to park up in the roar next to volcanic rocks constantly)

• @cursedcaptn819 If you did it once, you can do it again.

• @galactic-geek

1. He didn't say he actually spent 20 days on fire in 1000 hours of gameplay. Actually, even with that 1000 hours, it is still very unlikely he was even close to being 20 days (thats 24 hrs x 20 = 480 hrs - FYI thats 24 X the requirement I needed (40 hrs) to get all my Arena wins to get Triumphant Sea Dog). Considering being on fire is like 20 seconds give or take after actually being a blaze (most people, like being on fire for real, will try to put themselves out.. cause who wants to die?).

2. Lets cut it with this elitism you all seem to have on these forums against legitimate complaints..

20 days on fire is absurd and ridiculous. That is the complaint. If you want to be snarky, then move on.

I'm seeing tons of milestone complaints on this forum, Reddit, and the Steam forums. And Insiders complained about it as well. The numbers are way too grindy and long for a lot of the trinkets..

So it begs the question to Rare, why even have them if most people are never going to get them? Its absurd and bad game design. Period. And it can easily be changed.

And if you have a problem with that being 'EZ mode' then Rare can simply add more later to continue to progression and add more content while we work this one out. Cause most people won't ever get even half of them in their playtime, its just that absurd..

• @ancientbeast434, Milestones and Trinkets should track old progress. içinde yazdı:

@cursedcaptn819 I agree. Making the milesstones like that will make the ship notorious... It may show others that you are a veteran of many battles (or just dumb enough to park up in the roar next to volcanic rocks constantly)

500 hours of fire is more like "Dang man, get a life" than notorious lol

• @ancientbeast434 Since captaincy came out, I have played 3 days, a total of 24 hours so far. According to my current statistics, I have been on fire for 1 minute, although I'm sure yesterday I saw 2 minutes, so I don't know what's going on.

Ok so 1 minute in 24 hours of emergent gameplay, me and my friends engaged in PvP, sank skelly ships, did sea forts and skull forts, order of souls and merchant alliance voyages, at the end of our last session we even messed around and threw firebombs at each other. So not only the milestone is bugged currently because I should be at 3-4 minutes at least, but also it has only been a few minutes at best of spending time on fire from 24hrs of gameplay.

So for the first trinket I need 596 more minutes, multiply 24 by 298 (realistically speaking on average, maybe I will be on fire for 2 minutes every 24hrs) aaaaaand.... oh neat, I will get the most basic serpent's flame trinket after 7,152hrs of emergent normal gameplay, if I played every single day :D

...waaaaait a second, shouldn't I be getting like the highest tier trinket after 7000hrs of gameplay, since I would be... you know... pretty damn notorious? Why do I get only the basic trinket on an ugly frame?

• @ancientbeast434 said in Milestones and Trinkets should track old progress.:

I think alot of people misinterpreted the point of milesstones. They aren't achievements to be won over this season, but over the whole lifetime of the ship.

Then why lock cosmetics behind them? By the time we get some pretty pictures to hang up, we will have moved on to whatever our grandchildren will be playing at that point.

• @kozakderg
    I'm already at 2 minutes, and I have played way less over the past days. Are you even trying? 😅
    Seriously though, I totally agree.

• @zedny3434 I'm very much a winter person, tbh I hate the heat. 😂

• @zedny3434 said in Milestones and Trinkets should track old progress.:

@kozakderg
    I'm already at 2 minutes, and I have played way less over the past days. Are you even trying? 😅
    Seriously though, I totally agree.

2 minutes? I've played for 13 hours and have been on fire for only one? You must be grinding.

(So at this phase, it will take me 78,000 Hours to get :)

• Milestones are a new way of progressing in the game, similar to a prestige system. The milestones only apply to a Captained ship which is why previous numbers do not count - previous ships were not Captained.

The team had multiple design conversations regarding this and ultimately this will not be changing.

Dropping anchor here.

Aufrufe
questioncommunityfeedbackgeneral
1 von 13