[Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration

• @s0nicbob We want to play with other pve players, not pvp sick experimented kids.

We do not play every days like them, we play every weekend, ¿Why?, well we have family, we work, we take care of our people not only a game.

We spend lot of time in the weekend and got robbed by stalkers.

"RARE, Stop the Bullying please".

• And yes, Stalkers always get away happier than ever, smiling because they ruin someone's game.

That is called Bullying and should not be allowed in this game and not by this RARE company.

Many of us got bullied in our lives and now we have to suffer this in game?, come on, think about the situation. The problem is that overpowered reapers faction, the portal stuff and the pvp not many players want to suffer.

Ask every player before starting a game... do you want pvp, pve, you don't care.

Don't make people complain, make them happy.

• Reapers should not be able to keep G5 and server-hop. This is an exploit.

See, the POINT of being a G5 Reaper is that everyone can see you.
    Except...If you server-hop; no one knows you did so. You, effectively, use an unintended mechanic (server hopping) to avoid an intended mechanic (Being seen by everyone).

That is a textbook definition of an exploit. Being able to teleport to a new server with 0 warning and staying G5 Reaper is an exploit.

When people server-hop as a Reaper Emissary, two things should happen (With a third thrown in for ALL emissaries):

1. It should place them as far away from other pirates as possible.
      To prevent stealth-Reapers. Reapers are not meant to be stealthy, or they would not show up on the map.
    2. A sound should play to let everyone know a Reaper hopped into their server.
      This is the audio equivalent of 'Be seen on the map by everyone'. So don't tell me it's not fair. It's literally fixing an exploit that allows stealth-Reapers. Again; Reapers are not meant to be stealthy, or they would not show up on the map.
    3. Anyone who does a Tall Tale should lose Emissary status.
      This way, Reapers (and others) can't use Pirate's Life to server-hop for more favorable setups.
  • @eguzky, [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration içinde yazdı:

Reapers should not be able to keep G5 and server-hop. This is an exploit.

Except...If you server-hop; no one knows you did so. You, effectively, use an unintended mechanic (server hopping) to avoid an intended mechanic (Being seen by everyone).

That is a textbook definition of an exploit. Being able to teleport to a new server with 0 warning and staying G5 Reaper is an exploit.

When people server-hop as a Reaper Emissary, two things should happen (With a third thrown in for ALL emissaries):

To prevent stealth-Reapers. Reapers are not meant to be stealthy, or they would not show up on the map.
      This is the audio equivalent of 'Be seen on the map by everyone'. So don't tell me it's not fair. It's literally fixing an exploit that allows stealth-Reapers. Again; Reapers are not meant to be stealthy, or they would not show up on the map.
      This way, Reapers (and others) can't use Pirate's Life to server-hop for more favorable setups.

Rare themselves already said portal hopping is a genuine way to play. They did not intend it at first, However, They now see it as an intended mechanic. They still keep their eyes on it though.

Emisarry system never had its intended huge risk from the start as most reapers just grinded gold. This system brings a good risk VS reward system fitting with the benefits an emisarry flag gives.

Even when I am doing athena quests (I started doing a lot of them for some funni furniture and the servant's hat) with an emisarry, I like the risk of a reaper 5 being able show up any second. Makes it fun.

• @thorumsu said in [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration:

@eguzky, [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration içinde yazdı:

Rare themselves already said portal hopping is a genuine way to play. They did not intend it at first, However, They now see it as an intended mechanic. They still keep their eyes on it though.

Emisarry system never had its intended huge risk from the start as most reapers just grinded gold. This system brings a good risk VS reward system fitting with the benefits an emisarry flag gives.

Even when I am doing athena quests (I started doing a lot of them for some funni furniture and the servant's hat) with an emisarry, I like the risk of a reaper 5 being able show up any second. Makes it fun.

I'm sorry but I disagree.
    If I'm running Emissary, and a G5 Reaper literally appears out of thin air and sinks me because they exploited server-hopping; they cheated.

The whole point of being visible on the map is to offset that you're clearly a skilled, large threat. It gives other Emissaries a chance to avoid the threat.
    Portal/Server-hopping sidesteps that. Hence it being an exploit and cheating. Anyone who uses it is a cheater.

• @eguzky, [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu said in [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration:

If I'm running Emissary, and a G5 Reaper literally appears out of thin air and sinks me because they exploited server-hopping; they cheated.

The whole point of being visible on the map is to offset that you're clearly a skilled, large threat. It gives other Emissaries a chance to avoid the threat.
    Portal/Server-hopping sidesteps that. Hence it being an exploit and cheating. Anyone who uses it is a cheater.

So you are saying that what you say is more correct than what THE DEVELPOERS OF THE GAME say?

• @thorumsu said in [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration:

So you are saying that what you say is more correct than what THE DEVELPOERS OF THE GAME say?

No. I'm saying the mechanics of the game give lie to what the developers said.
    If server/portal hopping as a G5 Reaper is allowed; why are Reapers visible on the map?
    One mechanic negates the other. Ergo: The devs are saying something opposed to what they put into the game.
    Maybe they can't fix it.
    Maybe they just don't want to waste the time.

Either way; Portal/Server-hopping as a Reaper is an exploit, as it directly sidesteps the drawback to BEING a G5 Reaper, which is to be visible on the map.
    If the Reaper can just abuse mechanics to dodge to a new map; they may as well not have the mechanic that makes them globally visible in the first place.

So either the devs have to:

1. Fix the exploit.
      Or
    2. Incorporate it better, by making Reapers make a global sound when they portal/server-hop.
      --
      Or they could take this middle road where they do nothing and allow PvPers to continue to abuse and exploit mechanics in unintended ways, thus setting a loud message that exploits are allowed.
  • Emissary status should be lost when entering a Tunnel of the Damned and the flag should be dropped.
    The emissary status is directly related to your loot, which is also lost/dropped when entering. Emissary status should be lost.

• Can we get a checkpoint that only takes us through one tunnel to the new server, or even portal directly to a new server? I'm tired of wasting my reaper 5 time in the tunnel with no emissaries.

• @eguzky said in [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration:

No. I'm saying the mechanics of the game give lie to what the developers said.
    If server/portal hopping as a G5 Reaper is allowed; why are Reapers visible on the map?
    One mechanic negates the other. Ergo: The devs are saying something opposed to what they put into the game.
    Maybe they can't fix it.
    Maybe they just don't want to waste the time.

Either way; Portal/Server-hopping as a Reaper is an exploit, as it directly sidesteps the drawback to BEING a G5 Reaper, which is to be visible on the map.
    If the Reaper can just abuse mechanics to dodge to a new map; they may as well not have the mechanic that makes them globally visible in the first place.

So either the devs have to:

1. Fix the exploit.
      Or
    2. Incorporate it better, by making Reapers make a global sound when they portal/server-hop.
      --
      Or they could take this middle road where they do nothing and allow PvPers to continue to abuse and exploit mechanics in unintended ways, thus setting a loud message that exploits are allowed.

They are literally announced on the map.

Rare designed a mechanic that allows us to go through a portal and end up on a new server without losing our emissary flag. Using this mechanic is by no definition an exploit.

Just because you didn't see the reaper get to level 5 doesn't mean they didn't have to get to level 5 without every one seeing them. It's not their fault no one could sink them, or is it....

• Firstly, I'm not sure this is generally that big of an issue, the very fact that this thread has been quiet for three months seems to speak to that. I think largely because Reapers are just as likely to hop off your server as on it. What I mean is, before the tunnel if I was at the start of a session and looked at my map table to see a level five Reaper on the map it just wasn't worth considering emissary that session unless I was in the mood for some PvP, because that level five Reaper was stuck on the server with me so when I raised a lvl 1 flag as the only emissary on the server I could be sure they'd be angling my way. Now, often I'll start a session, look at my map and see a level 5 Reaper and by the time I've turned off all my lanterns and gotten my monkey out of its box (not a euphemism) they've server hopped and I can pop my flag in peace (also not a euphemism). I've seen way more Reapers hop off my servers since the change than on. So generally, I'm okay with it.

There are two things though that I'd say. Firstly, don't put up an announcement when a level 5 Reaper arrives on a server, honestly, their egos are swollen enough already, a mighty fanfare when they hop on the server isn't going to help. Also, if I'm not emissary its just annoying, especially if they hop off again, and even if they are, I still need to scoot back to my map table to find out how long I've got. Rather, why not let pirates have a portable version of the map table map? I mean, its pretty weird that the thing is welded to the table as it is, its an existing mechanic, maybe its set to a certain pulled out level of zoom and centered on you rather than being the full thing, but that would let me scan for Reapers on my own level of wariness. I'm mostly a solo slooper and currently I'm discounting a lot of jobs on larger islands because of how long I end up needing to be away from the boat, some larger islands are viable with good sightlines, but not for Reapers, because they know I'm there they approach differently, with a map to check I'd feel more comfortable doing some of those more involved missions.

Secondly, if there is an issue its that currently the tunnel is used by three sorts of people, those actually doing the tale, Reapers, and those fleeing Reapers. It seems the best way to update it is to make the tunnel more valuable to everyone so migrating Reapers are just part of a stream of traffic, so why not make it so that on the other side of the tunnel you can idle without being lazy bearded, since it can be offline, and that you can save. The reason, I thought, against saving in SoT was that you could just save and leave in the middle of a PvP encounter. Well, you can't have PvP on the other side of the tunnels, so why not let people save their status, log off and then come back and carry on where they left off? That way you'd have more high level emissaries migrating into servers, so less need for Reapers to hop and servers kept live and interesting for longer.

• I think we need private servers for those of us that like to enjoy the game, privately getting tall tales and voyages successfully completed, without the worry of player crews coming and sinking our ships. While we’re busy with the TALL TALES and VOYAGES.

• @teslaking07 said in [Mega Thread] - Tunnels of the Damned Migration:

I think we need private servers for those of us that like to enjoy the game, privately getting tall tales and voyages successfully completed, without the worry of player crews coming and sinking our ships. While we’re busy with the TALL TALES and VOYAGES.

Nah, it's fine.

Also, this thread is about the tunnels.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Aufrufe
293 von 294