Opt-Out Crossplay

• Well, the quest to see an end to this forced Crossplay debacle is halfway there.
    Looking forward to jumping on The Arena in the coming week, toggling that option and experiencing what the game should've been like to play since launch.
    And I don't care for everyone's opinions on it. I will know the difference instantly!

• @needsmokes

I envy your unshakable confidence in your cognitive faculties.

• @needsmokes said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

Well, the quest to see an end to this forced Crossplay debacle is halfway there.
    Looking forward to jumping on The Arena in the coming week, toggling that option and experiencing what the game should've been like to play since launch.
    And I don't care for everyone's opinions on it. I will know the difference instantly!

Whatever helps you sleep at night, personally I think you will be in for a rude awakening when you find that it was actually skilled Xbox controller based people causing you "grief" and have no PC scapegoat to blame for your own lack of skill.

• @dlchief58

I have written many posts in many threads concerning crossplay.
    And not once have I ever complained about being beaten.
    I have however complained about the lack of equality that arises from forced crossplay. And the concern of cheating players that only come from a PC.
    As a player who has been playing on Xbox live since it began, this is the first game to enforce crossplay on me and I found it a terrible thing to suffer on such a beautiful game.
    But that is slowly becoming a thing of the past. 😂😂

• @needsmokes Again, I think you are in for a rude awakening when you realize your perception about the so-called advantages of PC players are in fact minimal/greatly exaggerated and not the cause of your "suffering" as you think - then have no scapegoat anymore.

• @dlchief58

Have I ever mentioned I have suffered?

@dlchief58

I have written many posts in many threads concerning crossplay.
    And not once have I ever complained about being beaten.
    I have however complained about the lack of equality that arises from forced crossplay. And the concern of cheating players that only come from a PC.
    As a player who has been playing on Xbox live since it began, this is the first game to enforce crossplay on me and I found it a terrible thing to suffer on such a beautiful game.
    But that is slowly becoming a thing of the past. 😂😂

There you go. In your own words.

@dlchief58

Yes.

@dlchief58

@needsmokes said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

@dlchief58

Only in every post you ever partaken in about crossplay 😂

• @bloodybil

Yup.
    There's no getting out of that one.

I would amend what I meant to say.
    But I will accept my errors fair and square there.

But guess what? I'm excited to sample opt out!

• I'm excited that these threads will disappear.

@bloodybil

Yup.

Ain't really a true "opt out" though is it

Whatever make you excited though amigo.

• @d3adst1ck

But we still have opt out in adventure to come.. Don't hold your breath just yet.

@bloodybil

Yup.

Rightfully so, I am happy for you!

• @d3adst1ck said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

I'm excited that these threads will disappear.

ME too but im afraid we are not out of the woods yet, people will always invent silly things to complain about but be brave!

• @faceyourdemon said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

@d3adst1ck said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

I'm excited that these threads will disappear.

ME too but im afraid we are not out of the woods yet, people will always invent silly things to complain about but be brave!

As far as I'm concerned, Rare should simply slap the same preference option in adventure and call it a day.

Opt-out is here, rejoice! Now let's turn the page and close this chapter.

• @duke-of-spire said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

@marsmayflower He is right though. The segregation should have happened the same time Arena was released. As it stands now pc players have been padding stats in Arena with all pc crews dismantling console players which is total BS. I think in adventure it's a different story because there's no kill count and a skilled mixed crew (pc and console) can compete due to the elements surrounding them. Not so in Arena. No GPB's, No Megs, No Krakens, No coral shallows (unmarked islands) etc...
    You can still outsmart your opponets but most pc crews will pick you apart cashing.

I do just fine on my xbox.

• @d3adst1ck somehow they won't actually go away though. The big arguments never do.

In all my time playing ive never seen the difference(not an advantageous difference) and thats with an xbox and my computer hooked up next to it. I also spent all my time in the arena playing on my Xbox with the rwst of my crew on pc and I was better than all but one with my controller, and the one i couldnt beat was straight up a better pvper than i am.

• @callmebackdraft I know that they can't join on their own I'm saying an xbox player can invite someone on pc or plug in a keyboard and mouse once in a lobby

• @fast-bike94 from what i can see in the patch notes:

“XBox players with controller” can choose the opt out, pc players can not under any circumstance.

And i dont know what they have done with the invite system but i at least hope (for the opt outers not me) that they also thought about that

• @faceyourdemon My hunch?😂😂😂 Is this the name you sail under? If so, I'll add you and invite you in to chats & games when I'm on the seas to witness what I witness. It's funny to see a couple of the players revert back to Xbox from time to time (Swan will play two characters at once if we have an opening on a brig). You can see the difference in kill ratios first hand.

• @duke-of-spire I sail under the MorningWood (my ship) and your "kill ratio" is sooo general it dosent cover anything with zero facts.

• @faceyourdemon I'm offering you a chance to witness it yourself. That way you have access to the facts. You have first hand witness accounts and I'm sure the guys will have no problems sailing with you on both console and pc so that you can come to you own conclusions. It's a fair offer. I've sailed over 3000 hours with these crewmates. I know what I see.😁

• @duke-of-spire Well ive played since early alpha beta day 1 but it would be my pleasure.
    Im using pc and my brother have xbox so whenever he comes to my house we play and i have made many experiments about the diffrences.

@wilbymagicbear

Some semi good news for you.

Optional crossplay will arrive in the arena later today.

The wait for it to be added to adventure mode will continue though I'm afraid.

That makes 100% no sense! Come on Rare!

• @callmebackdraft maybe you didn't read my post I said you can invite a pc user to the session or plug in a mouse and keyboard while in a controller lobby.

• @fast-bike94 hmm i think that should be reported as a bug, that would defeat the purpose

• The amount of BabyRage threads you been making lately is great

• I am a long time PC gamer (probably been playing longer than the age of many here) and I have been a console gamer for about the last 5 years to play with my kid. I find it astounding that anyone thinks that there is no advantage for a person using a keyboard and mouse over a controller.

Astounding. The difference is huge and if you deny it you are only fooling yourself.

I play on console but I don't pvp much so it isn't a big deal to me, I just still can't believe people deny there is an advantage, that's crazy talk.

• @mammothscrub

sigh I've been a pc gamer for about 24 years and a console gamer for about 30 years. I would call myself an actual "gamer" I've played professionally in different genres and PLAY different genres of games. The only genre I really don't play is sports games because its too easy and my friends are salty when I win.

If this was overwatch yes there would be a huge disparity. If this was Counter-strike then yes there would be a huge disparity. If this was ANY other game that was a first person shooter then yes there would be a huge disparity.

However this is not an FPS game. Next point to be made is that 90% of combat doesn't happen in buildings with winding walls or in open area fields, they are done on narrow walkways on ships. Narrow walkways that have obstacles in the way but you only ever have 1 direction to go. Its not that hard to block someones escape route. The game is pretty much a bottle neck. Its more about positioning then flick speed. Knowing what to do and how to play.

There are no headshots so hitting a player anywhere does the same damage everywhere. The guns are 1 shot and reload which means there is no automatic firing. The sword mechanics aside which they need to revert back to original because right now they are just garbage, the game is balanced between the hardwares.

• @mammothscrub said in Opt-Out Crossplay:

I am a long time PC gamer (probably been playing longer than the age of many here) and I have been a console gamer for about the last 5 years to play with my kid. I find it astounding that anyone thinks that there is no advantage for a person using a keyboard and mouse over a controller.

Astounding. The difference is huge and if you deny it you are only fooling yourself.

I play on console but I don't pvp much so it isn't a big deal to me, I just still can't believe people deny there is an advantage, that's crazy talk.

Isn't this why rare added k+m for console ?

Both platforms have parity in choice with regards to input.

Views
65 out of 66