Pro Solo Sloop Pvp Tips.

• Thought id post something here, see if i can exchange a few good tips i have for other cool tips you guys have learned in game.
    This could make us all slightly better.

These are for predominantly Solo players.
    Please share and contribute :)

1. Baiting a full crew to chase me, jump off to keg as my ship sails away, board, protect holes to sink, catch mermaid. Using sword and blunderbuss.

2)Fire a few shots before you board a ship to send someone downstairs. Shoot bottom front end of galleon to buy more time.

3)Kegging a chasing sloop, their mast falls down, just casually swim over and board em, protect holes.

4)When overrun on your sloop hide below near brig with blunderbuss. Long as there no holes, they will come to investigate to check if u respawned, soon as one does, boom. Now take ur ship back. (Worked a lot this one for me)

5)Aggro a skeleton ship and lead it towards a bigger ship.
    Let the skelly apply pressure to the crew.

1. Dont be scared of pirate legends.
      They may have sunk more hours in grinding but it doesnt mean they are always better players. (Killed a lot, even hosted a game hunting legends)

2. Solo a skelly galleon is possible and is easy.
      Full right lock or left lock half mast, fire low and often and repair when a handful of holes there.

3. When fleeing, go into wind on a sloop keep sails straight like how they ship is when it spawns in.

You are fastest. If not straight a brig can catch you.
    If straight you will escape every time unless kracken or run out of map

1. Hiding your ship by rocks and transporting a keg via rowboat is a good way to sneak attack. Just make sure to ditch the rowboat as u get closer and swim under. Swim far away from rowboat as possible and try get on opposite side of the ship as rowboat could cause enemies to look in that general direction for you.

2. Dont message me asking me to leave you alone. Sometimes i want blood not coin. Accept im a pirate and this is the life i lead.

3. Have fun

Views
    1. When you have holes, don't repair them right away. First make sure no one is able to board or can fire cannons. So make sure your ship is away from danger. If the water in the hull gets to high, just bail a few times, the sloop is empty very quickly. Afterwards, you can repair and go back to battle

2. when hooked, steer away from the enemy ship and let go of the wheel. look out for boarders and bail when needed. When you get loose, go into the wind, sail straight and repair.

3. always have a good stock of wood and cannonballs to fight surprise megs and krakens (they are not hard if you keep calm, bail before repair).

4. always keep a rowboat attached. If you are chaised and loosing the battle, you can always load up the rowboat and drop when you are a second out of visual.

• Good list! I like all of @RiBazZ 's additions as well!

1. Learn to Ghost sail your ship like a Pro. The biggest challenge Fighting Solo is WINNING the fight while also NOT sinking. You can't be in 2 places at the same time. Take care of 1 problem by making sure that your ship is NOT THERE to get sunk.

Learn the map and become a good judge of speed/distance. You'll want your ship to stay JUST out of trouble. But remain CLOSE enough to get back ASAP to grab the loot. So your course+speed should be = to how long you think that you will need to sink and kill your opponent(s).

• I've chased sloops all over the place! One of the hardest moves to counter is their "Into the wind 180". As you're Being chased turn into the wind. Once the Brig or galleon adjusts simply cut the Wheel hard towards them and drop anchor. Raise the anchor and viola you're heading straight at them! A small 10-15 degree adjustment and you'll sail right past them underneath their shots! Make sure you ladder guard and are full health while passing them. This causes the bigger crew major work and they're usually short handed because one or two of them are in the water looking for mermaids due to trying to board you. This move is not for the faint of heart and should be used when the enemy s within 100-150 yards of you. For a Galleon ship Captain this is quite demoralizing.

• @daringclarky when being chased, sail close to a non-active fort. Set the ship a straight course with no obstacles, fire yourself on to the fort, and fire from the closest turret. Usually get at least two cannons with a wide range to hammer them. If you have cursed cannon balls, this makes things more interesting.

• @daringclarky I would also use a sniper rifle or pistol when they are chasing you into the wind so you can practice your shots, if you have good aim you can make them go underneath due to them not wanting to take damage, you can then use this to board them.

• @duke-of-spire said in Pro Solo Sloop Pvp Tips.:

I've chased sloops all over the place! One of the hardest moves to counter is their "Into the wind 180". As you're Being chased turn into the wind. Once the Brig or galleon adjusts simply cut the Wheel hard towards them and drop anchor. Raise the anchor and viola you're heading straight at them! A small 10-15 degree adjustment and you'll sail right past them underneath their shots! Make sure you ladder guard and are full health while passing them. This causes the bigger crew major work and they're usually short handed because one or two of them are in the water looking for mermaids due to trying to board you. This move is not for the faint of heart and should be used when the enemy s within 100-150 yards of you. For a Galleon ship Captain this is quite demoralizing.

This maneuver is very risky and bold. Players that does this know their ship and can definitely run circles around galleons that are not as equally skilled on their ship. Had a sloop crew continue to do this to me and my crew one night always evading our attacks. Unfortunately they done this one too many times and I was ready for the move and ran them over will 3 of my crew jumping on board with powder kegs. I stayed aboard ,anchored and watched the fireworks before patching our ship then went over to help on the clean up.

• @inboundbomb It's a nightmare of a move to counter! When you do catch them (45 minutes later) you just want to kill them like a gazillion times just for being so evasive!

• Tip if They are following you and you do try to keg them try to climb up ladder with keg.

1 of 2 things may happen.

They eagerly attack you trying to knock you off the ladder which causes keg to explode and them to die. May sink them.

If you manage to get on ship light the keg survive blast protect from repairing.

• @d-jaguar said in Pro Solo Sloop Pvp Tips.:

@daringclarky when being chased, sail close to a non-active fort. Set the ship a straight course with no obstacles, fire yourself on to the fort, and fire from the closest turret. Usually get at least two cannons with a wide range to hammer them. If you have cursed cannon balls, this makes things more interesting.

I agree. I do this trick a lot. It's a standard dance routine in my #16 rule "Learn to Ghost sail your ship like a Pro"

You are right. It works best with some CC's.

Anchorball
    Green Ball or two
    hammer them with 10 cannonballs
    Sleep Ball or two
    fire yourself over and board
    Keep them busy as long as you can
    Ferry or Mermaid back to Ship and FREEEEEEEE!

• Sloop is so easy there is no “Strategy”.

Like the Kennedy’s sailing around Martha’s Vineyard.

• Partially raising and lowering the sails for sharper turns in rocky areas when they get silly enough to try an follow. Drives bigger ships nuts when you dart right past the the other direction no anchor needed.

Views
11 out of 12