Bug Report: Soft crash on death

• Summary:
    When I was killed, the loading screen for The Ferry of the Damned opened. The screen was black, the wheel was spinning, and the music continued to play. The loading screen did not disappear. My avatar did not spawn onto The Ferry, and the respawn timer did not begin ticking, as the bell never tolled to indicate my time aboard The Ferry had completed. After roughly eight minutes of this, I force-quit the game.

Broader context:
    I was doing a Dark Relic Voyage in The Ancient Isles, and had already completed the first two chapters. The third chapter involved killing skeletons on Snake Island.

I arrived at the island and there was another ship present, but I ignored them and sought out my quarry. After a few minutes, I noticed that the other ship was gone, but had dropped its loot, as though they had scuttled their ship. I assumed they had either gone AFK for too long, or that there was a server error.

I spent several minutes throwing buckets of water and running back-and-forth to ammo crates in order to kill a few waves of gold skeletons. Eventually a group of Blunderbuss-wielding skeletons shot me from behind and I was killed. This is when the soft crash occurred. This was my first death since starting that quest.

Other misc details:

• Shortly before starting the quest I had voluntarily voted to scuttle my ship.
    • I had recently turned in a reaper chest.
    • I had recently turned in a ritual skull.

Whatever issue happened to me, I suspect it happened to the other crew before me as well.

Additional bug report:
    The forum interface isn't allowing me to add tags to this post.

Views
1 out of 1