2 Reapers chest in one ship wreck?

• Has anyone else had this? I was playing last night and i joined a random crew . As i joined they were sailing past a a shipwreck with the reapers chest .So I jumped off to grab it it was within swimming distance of barnacle Cay (hoping to find a row boat) and then onwards to ancient spire outpost. As I found the reapers chest in the captains quarters, but went to pick up some food from below deck first, there was another chest floating above the map table. i grab one, and start swiming off , to cut it short my crew ended up being chased by a sloop......ended up coming back my way ,made them aware i had the reapers and there was another one in the shipwreck still, we sunk the sloop and cashed in two reapers from one spawn...has anyone else had two reapers chests spawn in one shipwreck?

Views
  • @welshlogic Yep, had it happen to me and saw it on Reddit. I've also seen people claim to have three chests in a single shipwreck but I have only seen screenshots of them with three chests on their ship which is not solid evidence.

• @xcalypt0x oh wow, I hadnt seen anything about this , Is it common or is it like a rare spawn ? to get players to search the whole ship...increasing the time they are sat there for other ships to roll up on them ?

• @welshlogic said in 2 Reapers chest in one ship wreck?:

@xcalypt0x oh wow, I hadnt seen anything about this , Is it common or is it like a rare spawn ? to get players to search the whole ship...increasing the time they are sat there for other ships to roll up on them ?

I'm not sure honestly.

• its uncommon but I've had this 3 happen three times now.

• Yes ,Sir , it truely happens , i was so suprized ,in a happy way, that i wrote a story on the Forum about it ( * Don't you dare to link it to this poor Pirate , George, i forbid you to force him to read yer misspelled rubbish...moron).
    i dove in a shipwreck that had two Reaper plums of smoke , and i did found two chests , but i never went into the hold...i was stressed as a Brigantine was closing in but ...When i was sailing away and i was looking to where i could deliver my treasure ,i saw there was still a Reaper's Skull on the spot where i found the previous two , so were there three treasures ? i fear i will never know , but i think it is possible since i found two in one Wreckage...

• I assume that when a Reaper Chest needs to be spawned, it randomly selects a spawned shipwreck to place it in. Given that there are only so many shipwrecks around, there's a slim chance they could double up since I don't believe the spawn system does any kind of check for proximity to another Reaper Chest.

• They spawn in the crows nest much more than other loot.

• I've seen doubles a few times. Gotten one by myself too 🧜🏽‍♀️

• Three in a single shipwreck is, indeed, possible:

alt text
    http://www.surveyorpete.fun/

• Yes I've seen 2 reapers chests in one shipwreck twice now. 😎👏👍

Views
1 out of 11