Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary

• @bigshowtv said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@d3adst1ck We had nothing on board, actually. We were docked at Golden Sands, just formed our group when they hit. Why would I have to lie about cheaters when I haven't even pointed a finger at people? Your logic is asinine.

Sounds more like you are basing your conclusions on incomplete information.

• @polktergeist said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@swimplatypus7 99.9 percent of the time it is bad game mechanics and not cheating stop crying and just play!!!!!!

Normally you are right but there are some people who hack the game and cheat the system. Those computer hacks can ruin the servers

I saw a video of a computer player who hacked the game and inserted a GPS and speedometer. He used it to show the difference between the 3 ships in different wind conditions. He refused to tell people how he did it but the video clearly shows that hacking the game is possible.

I’m not claiming that all computer players are hacking the game but console players can’t hack the game. (At least to my knowledge)

• @coffeelight5545 said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

I’m not claiming that all computer players are hacking the game but console players can’t hack the game. (At least to my knowledge)

I highlighted the crucial part. It takes a little bit more effort, though.

• @needsmokes @Agent-Samuraii I play the game on PC and Xbox. There are differences. For a player who is trained in WASD and mouse, the combats against players with a controller are quite easy. This does not mean you couldn't become very skilled with controller, too. While WASD+Mouse is a plus durgin fighting, controlling the ship using keyboards is a mess compared to controller.

But this is a matter of skills and taste. I prefer controller and xbox.

• @polktergeist said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@needsmokes Its nothing to do with easy mode its to do with loosing 75 percent of the community to interact with. It will 100 percent kill this game for PC players there are not enough of us to sustain a legit community. the servers would be empty every time. arena already has trouble with match making. i wish better player would start playing more but hey look whats being prioritized in the development!!!!

In the latest video, Joe Neate mentioned that the feature is becoming a "preference", meaning that even if you opt-ed out, the system will try to prioritize matching opt-out people with other opt-outs as much as possible, but should there not be enough players around at that given time, people who opted-out will be notified that they will be merged in the opt-in pool regardless.

Will that mean that should there be not enough player for people of the opt-in, they will be merged with the opt-out? 🤔

• @coffeelight5545 said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@polktergeist said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@swimplatypus7 99.9 percent of the time it is bad game mechanics and not cheating stop crying and just play!!!!!!

Normally you are right but there are some people who hack the game and cheat the system. Those computer hacks can ruin the servers

I saw a video of a computer player who hacked the game and inserted a GPS and speedometer. He used it to show the difference between the 3 ships in different wind conditions. He refused to tell people how he did it but the video clearly shows that hacking the game is possible.

Unfortunately from what I understand the Unreal 4 engine has a lot of hacks present because the source code is open to public use, meaning is free ware until you start to make money on it then Epic games wants their commission check for the use of their game engine; regardless of the modifications you made.

Because of this, and the presence of very pitiful players who depend on hacks to win, it's only a matter of time before they ruin a game if the game developers do not fight back fiercely.

Rare however has been strong against cheating in Sea of Thieves (thankfully), and because of this the game has very few actual cheaters playing. From what I know and from what I have seen first hand the number of cheating filth playing are very few and I personally have only seen maybe 3 total in over a year that I have been playing. (since launch)

• @d3adst1ck said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@bigshowtv said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@d3adst1ck We had nothing on board, actually. We were docked at Golden Sands, just formed our group when they hit. Why would I have to lie about cheaters when I haven't even pointed a finger at people? Your logic is asinine.

Sounds more like you are basing your conclusions on incomplete information.

I'm "basing it on incomplete information" ? So according to your logic, what I saw wasn't what I saw and am basing what I did see on incomplete data? Do you realize how ignorant that sounds? Please know what you're talking about before you post...

• @swimplatypus7 said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@coffeelight5545 said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

@polktergeist said in Anti-Cheat Measures Are Necessary:

Unfortunately from what I understand the Unreal 4 engine has a lot of hacks present because the source code is open to public use, meaning is free ware until you start to make money on it then Epic games wants their commission check for the use of their game engine; regardless of the modifications you made.

Because of this, and the presence of very pitiful players who depend on hacks to win, it's only a matter of time before they ruin a game if the game developers do not fight back fiercely.

Rare however has been strong against cheating in Sea of Thieves (thankfully), and because of this the game has very few actual cheaters playing. From what I know and from what I have seen first hand the number of cheating filth playing are very few and I personally have only seen maybe 3 total in over a year that I have been playing. (since launch)

Previous to a month ago, I didn't see any (or many, for that matter) cheats in SoT. Now, it's all of a sudden become a rapid issue Maybe the last patch or two opened a few loopholes?

• @bigshowtv

I am not certain but I THINK I saw a hacking pirate yesterday night when playing with my buddies..

2 things I noticed were..

1. Insane accuracy (this is something you can train, but the literal impossible shot he made and the fact that every trigger pull was 100% hit is kinda suspicious.

2. I killed him 2 times, each time he would respawn back from the ferry of the damned in no joke 5 seconds.. Not sure how that's even remotely possible because I would assume this was controlled server side. Perhaps I had him confused with his very large team mate? (they were on a sloop).

That's the only suspect behavior I have seen; one could be skill and or luck, but the other is kinda odd for sure..

IF there is cheating and hacking going on then RARE needs to crack down with an iron fist and straight up ban these guys.. Given they're on a Microsoft Platform there are some very creative ways to ban these swine from the Microsoft servers.

• @needsmokes somehow people are blisfully inaware that cheats not only exist for SoT on PC but also for SoT on XBox...

Not endorsing any of it simply because cheaters only deserve one thing, a swift banhammer

• @swimplatypus7 I've seen the instant respawn before - I spawn quickly due to my SSD, but I killed a guy, whose crewmate quickly killed me in short order. I spawned in on the Ferry before the guy I killed. I then saw him appear and make a beeline for the door. No waiting. He just vanished. Last time I checked, the Ferry has a 30-second time-out. It was definitely suspicious.

• @galactic-geek

VERY similar to what I experienced; not sure how that works because FotD as you said is dead minimum 30 sec..

With my SSD I think the "load time" after I pass though the door is maybe 3 to 5 sec?

This was the 4th time in the entire span of Sea of Thieves where I suspect fowl play..

The fact that you saw him spawn in and then make a line for the door straight away raises some serious questions.. Is the "Door" actually controlled by the server..

I suspect that the "instance portal" component of the door after it opens then must always be active and the "Door" is on a timer..

As a result they are some how glitching past the door OR have eliminated the door on their client and that door is on a fixed spawn in timer client side..

If that's so, then that is ULTRA bad design because it's not even remotely secure..

IMO they need to change this to server side control to eliminate the exploit..

Views
46 out of 47