Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels

• I've loved the addition of the Black Powder Stash voyages and have enjoyed doing to Athena DR ones.

However one thing which has consistently annoyed me is geysers spawning next to me right after digging up the stronghold keg, immediately blowing it up, killing me and losing the keg in the process.

This has happened in 3/4 kegs I've dug up. I realise it's supposed to be the most challenging out of the 4 available, hence why its only available to legends, however there is absolutely no way of avoiding it other than luck.

The way I'd fix this is prevent geysers from spawning within a certain area after digging up a stronghold keg.

This has been my only fault in the new content and love these fresh voyage's brought in with update, however i definitely feel this needs changed.

Views
  • @maciver01 said in Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels:

I've loved the addition of the Black Powder Stash voyages and have enjoyed doing to Athena DR ones.

However one thing which has consistently annoyed me is geysers spawning next to me right after digging up the stronghold keg, immediately blowing it up, killing me and losing the keg in the process.

This has happened in 3/4 kegs I've dug up. I realise it's supposed to be the most challenging out of the 4 available, hence why its only available to legends, however there is absolutely no way of avoiding it other than luck.

The way I'd fix this is prevent geysers from spawning within a certain area after digging up a stronghold keg.

This has been my only fault in the new content and love these fresh voyage's brought in with update, however i definitely feel this needs changed.

"however there is absolutely no way of avoiding it other than luck." Yes there is? Dig once, wait for gysers to despawn, dig it up further, and if gysers comeback, just walk to the nearest stone you will be safe there. It's quite easy to dont get hit by gysers :)

• @maciver01

U can wait till geysers spawn and wait will despawn. This gives u time to dig. Geysers dont spawn back to back.

• @mentimjojo but there isn't? I'm talking about digging once then geysers spawning pretty much on the keg itself, blowing it up. I have waited until the area has cleared but geysers almost immediately spawn not allowing me the chance to dig it up fully and move it, just instantly blowing it up.

• @weakdexx Tried this. Yes geysers don't spawn back in the same spot but after I've dug once, they spawn in at a different place and blow it up. Feel like there's a mechanic that spawns geysers after digging up loot, similar to skeletons spawning.

• @maciver01

That i will find out today!

• @mentimjojo said in Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels:

@maciver01 said in Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels:

I've loved the addition of the Black Powder Stash voyages and have enjoyed doing to Athena DR ones.

"however there is absolutely no way of avoiding it other than luck." Yes there is? Dig once, wait for gysers to despawn, dig it up further, and if gysers comeback, just walk to the nearest stone you will be safe there. It's quite easy to dont get hit by gysers :)

NOPE! I tried this, didn't work at all I'm afraid. Boooooom! It is quite easy to avoid geysers yourself but a half dug keg is definately gonna blow. Been there, done that!

• I don't understand what the guides here say, they may not have understood what @TimboAGoGo describes very precisely. Yes, it's just like @MacIver01 and @TimboAGoGo say. The geyser is created right under or next to the barrel itself while you dig and the barrel explodes immediately. You can't do anything to prevent it - unless you don't dig out the barrel. This is of course a ridiculous solution when you have to dig out barrels.

• @goedecke-michel said in Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels:

I don't understand what the guides here say, they may not have understood what @TimboAGoGo describes very precisely. Yes, it's just like @MacIver01 and @TimboAGoGo say. The geyser is created right under the barrel itself and the barrel explodes immediately. You can't do anything to prevent it - unless you don't dig out the barrel. This is of course a ridiculous solution when you have to dig out barrels.

In one case today I dug once and geysers spawned right beside my stronghold keg but it didn't blow immediately and I decided to wait. Once the geysers stopped I did my second dig and they spawned again causing it to blow. Maybe if I kept digging after the initial strike I would have been fine but I'm not really sure/convinced.

• @maciver01 Don't worry too much. To me the Athena's one is mostly just for the commendation. If I want kegs I can get them from forts.

Mostly it's a combination of patience and luck, when the geisers aren't spawning dig with 4 people on the same spot to get it out as quickly as possible and dont ding when geisers are spawning (It's as simple as that people).

@mentimjojo the OP is referring to the GPB exploding when it's hit by a geyser. You can hide from the Geyser itself but even when you hide you'll still lose the barrel.

• @hynieth said in Stop geysers spawning when digging up stronghold barrels:

@maciver01 Don't worry too much. To me the Athena's one is mostly just for the commendation. If I want kegs I can get them from forts.

Mostly it's a combination of patience and luck, when the geisers aren't spawning dig with 4 people on the same spot to get it out as quickly as possible and dont ding when geisers are spawning (It's as simple as that people).

@mentimjojo the OP is referring to the GPB exploding when it's hit by a geyser. You can hide from the Geyser itself but even when you hide you'll still lose the barrel.

Did you try yourself @Hynieth?
    First of all 4 people can't dig at once on a solo crew. When I dug today for my stronghold keg there were no geysers, they did spawn on the initial dig. I waited till they stopped and dug again causing them to spawn a second time and then blow up my stronghold keg. It's not as simple as that people, trust me Im a pirate! ;-)

• @timboagogo If you're solo, digging is just as fast solo as with 4 people in a full crew so that's good.

If geysers spawn when you start digging you've got 2 choices, either you forsake the barrel or keep digging, the barrel can explode as soon as you ding it. That's why my stance on it is that I'm doing one for the commendation and no more then that.
    It worked fine in insiders I've not done it in live.

Views
11 out of 12