Streaming and Island LODs

• Rare pls fix this, SOT is such a beautiful game, its like a wallpaper generator and this is so imersion breaking. Islands are ugly before they load even without the spyglass. When they load you don't even need the spyglass anymore. At least make some random backdrop, it doesn't even have to represent the real features of the island. Islands look like a N64 mushroom.

Views
  • I totally agree. It is one of the most annoying things for me. Plus the Lagspike everytime you get close enough, so the island is ready to enjoy. Sometimes i can even see other pirates run and jump on their ship from far far away and sometimes there is just a weird sailing ship on the horizon. So thats the same problem with these nice island distance graphics.

• I've seen a lot of the taller outposts vanish before my very eyes upon approach and then rebuild themselves rock by rock - very immersion-breaking and didn't use to happen prior to the last update.

• Strongly agree. I don't see why there aren't more levels of LoD draw in too, rather than N64, N64, N64, sudden jolt, modern and pretty. Also agreed on the spyglass issue.

• I really hope they do something about this, and if you are doing this to even the playing field with 2 versions of consoles and PC (nobody has an advantage for not seeing the blocky insanely ugly islands, only the items, npcs, players). So make the islands visible and load them in earlier on better hardware, and load the items, npcs and players at the same time on all systems and settings. I cant stress enough how ugly and immersion breaking this is. I even wouldn't mind load in stutters and lower frame rates just to get this fixed. PLEASE RARE

• @galactic-geek I'm not sure if this was the case before the year one update but I also haven't noticed it before. I would be happier even with a some kind of generic backdrop than with this ugly mess we have right now. I know they are trying and have their reasons for it, but this needs to be fixed.

• @geoffman72 I don't get it, only performance issues I see and can think of is with the biggest islands in the world, game runs so smoothly in all other situations and I have a 9 year old CPU and running it at max settings, maybe if they could scale down the big islands and make the draw distance better. I would take any other compromise but this.

Views
6 out of 7