Sea Of Thieves Coming To Steam (Possibly today!)

• Finally, it looks like SoT is coming to the Steam platform. With this in mind I think we can expect huge numbers of new players re-invigorating the IP.

Views
  • Sounds like good news. Very good news if you are concerned about low population numbers.

• @warri0rdna Looks like the article is only speculating that SoT will be included in that.

But still very cool if it happens.

• Hopefully one can "transfer" the game from the horrible MS Store/Xbox live app to the more stable and developed steam client...

• Sounds like they need more PC players to make the xBox opt out happen.
    Fresh Blood, but the steam community will ripp the game off in the air maybe, they wont get the style and design of it mainly.
    Many PC players expect something else and want something else.
    The potential for poo storms is great.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Sea Of Thieves Coming To Steam (Possibly today!):

Sounds like they need more PC players to make the xBox opt out happen.
    Fresh Blood, but the steam community will ripp the game off in the air maybe, they wont get the style and design of it mainly.
    Many PC players expect something else and want something else.
    The potential for poo storms is great.

Well some people expected something different from a pirate game and want something else in this current community too after all so... there is always steam refund for those who won't be satisfied if the game is not to their liking. The more players, the better.

I don't see where you are going about steam community ripping the game for it's style and design, there is all kind of styles and designs for different games and they all find players who enjoy them. Only good can come from this.

• @bloodybil its not Monkey Island for sure :D

I'm pro a Steam release, more players is allways good.
    But i think many PC plyers already know the game and tried it and decided not for me.
    But sure, give it a try.
    Even if the Steam Community will be disappointed and do negative reviews, bad publicity is better than no publicity :D

• @bugaboo-bill said in Sea Of Thieves Coming To Steam (Possibly today!):

@bloodybil its not Monkey Island for sure :D

I'm pro a Steam release, more players is allways good.
    But i think many PC plyers already know the game and tried it and decided not for me.
    But sure, give it a try.
    Even if the Steam Community will be disappointed and do negative reviews, bad publicity is better than no publicity :D

Microsoft store can be a turn off too, a lot of steam purists refrain from buying games that requires new hubs or different platforms. Anywho, I'm curious to see what the development will be with this!

Views
7 out of 8