Crash after splash screen

• Hi,

For the last 2 days I've been trying to fix an issue where Sea of Thieves crashes just after the splash screen appears.

I have tried A LOT of fixes from both Sea of Thieves support (https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015775927--Sea-of-Thieves-is-not-Launching) and other websites.

I have also submitted a ticket to the support team. They gave me a file that fixes all the corrupt install data from the game, but this didn't fix it either.

Note that only Sea of Thieves doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 (also from the Microsoft Store) work just as it should.

All of my drivers are updated, Windows is up to date, the game has been reinstalled 4 times right now and the problem still occurs. If anyone has any idea on how I can fix this, help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Jaimy

Views
  • I have had the exact same issue. I tried all of the fixes. really annoying.

• @admiralvocado is the game working again for you?

• @viezedog no :'( I'm so frustrated by this... I keep restarting the game,reinstalling,redoing the fixes, over and over,nothing works

• Hello Guys I finally found the solution of this problem.
    The solution is by simply change the language of windows.
    I m Spanish, i swtiched to English (United State), run the game and it working.
    Now i will try to come back to Spanish language and launch the game.

Hope it will help you

• @l-hc-darkzero-l

I have the same problem as OP but your fix didnt help (switched from Swedish to English (US).

My problem is that the Microsoft Store only downloads aprox 25mb of data then tells me the game is installed and playable. Even if I uninstall the game it still wont download the 30gb+ game file like it has done before. Only about 25mb...

Did this happen to you too?

• @uncagedtomato24 Maybe that means the game is already installed on another account on your pc? Don't really know but you could check it.

• @viezedog I found a way around..
    appearantly, because this game is a windows "APP" it doesnt add to windows defender after the update.. disabling windows defender temporary fixed the issue

• Ah I will try that! Thanks for the advice!

Views
1 out of 9