Feeling a bit conflicted....

• So I've been going through the Tall Tales the last few nights since the update and just finished up Stars of a Thief last night. And I have to say these missions are incredible. The sense of adventure and accomplishment when figuring out how to get through these missions is what I've been waiting for in this game for a long time (not to say I didn't already love it previously). But here is what I am conflicted about... I almost always play solo and have gotten very good at being able to survive out there. I can pretty easily take out Skelly Ships, The Kraken, and Megs on my own with pretty much no problem. PVP on the other hand is pretty tough for me considering most of the time I am attacked by a more well manned (or womaned) Brig or Galleon. But this is the Sea of Thieves and that's what I signed up for when I would set sail solo. I almost always would dread seeing a larger ship on the horizon especially if I had a ton of loot because I knew if I was attacked I was most likely done for. Every time I was attacked and lost I would wish that I was playing in an empty server so that this wouldn't happen. But since the update, every ship I see are doing Tall Tales and are not aggressive at all. This is what I always wished for right???? Last night for example I calmly sailed past a Galleon, 2 Brigs, and 2 Sloops all in a matter of 5 minutes and we were all very close so I know we saw each other and everyone just sailed on their merry way. That was when I realized that even though I hated it when I would get attacked the second someone saw me that sense of dread I felt when seeing that ship on the horizon is part of what made this game so exciting. I have not been attacked by another player once since the update and although I'm grateful that I've been able to complete my quests unscathed, it has been a bit less exciting since most PVP players have been in the Arena while all of us PVE'ers are out doing our tales. I know after a week or two once everyone starts completing the Tall Tales and start needing a break from the Arena things will get back to normal out on the Sea of Thieves, but it is weird time out there at the moment. The point of this whole post is the fact that I never in a million years thought that anything would make me actually miss the griefers and legitimate Pirates out there that are out for blood. Well played universe, well played.

Views
  • @jza16
    Thing will return as you stated but do be wary that there still are players willing to kill just to get you out of their way. Last night was the sea of sloops and I had to try to convince my crew not to go out and hunt them as we do tall tales.

• I have two galleons worth of assasins' on the sea every night playing in adventure mode........ I can't get the fishin poles out of their hands! We got hit by a Snake Island cannon one time and almost sunk! It's pitiful! We've sunk thousands of ships in the past year and now its.... Me: " Hey there's a sloop at 2 o'clock drop the sails" The crew: "In a minute I got a trophy splash tail", "I don't want to burn the Kraken", and "Look! I caught an old hat"! It's a sad time to say the least.😂

• @inboundbomb yea I'm not saying I always feel completely safe because I know better than that after a year of playing this game lol. It just felt so weird seeing so many ships and nothing happening. Definitely felt like a whole different game.

• @jza16 I feel weird trying to do our tall tales in a galleon and having ships come up thinking that it is ok to be on the same uncharted island as we are and for them to think they won't be shot and sunk. It's the we trust no one mentality we have on the seas. But to be honest it is a lot quieter than it used to be.

• @duke-of-spire
    Same here...... We were at Stevens spoils fishing and cooking when a PL galleon came straight at us. We stood our ground and sent a preemptive powder keg out in advance. The keg blew and they were in range of the cannons to their front bow. I and another crew mate fired 10 rounds each into them followed by a sleep and ballast ball.

When it was done the crew mate that did the legging was already fishing on their sinking ship and we had one crew member that didn't even stop cooking the entire time. Kinda messed up start of the update to be sure.

• @duke-of-spire that's hilarious!!! Gotta be a bit frustrating for you but don't worry, the honeymoon phase from the update will eventually be over and I'm sure you guys will be back to your old swashbuckling ways lol

• @inboundbomb I mean if there was another ship at one of the uncharted islands I'm definitely taking a detour for a minute... it's safer out there for now... but I'm not stupid lol

• @jza16 I figured you weren't. Lol.... but you can imagine those that don't really think things through.

• I forced two of our crew onto a rowboat with two gpb's and told them to go blow something up like the galleon sitting at crooks! So I edged the stormline and got them in close then dropped them. The response I got from Ox was " I wonder if these will blow up fish". In their defense though they did a great job double barreling the galleon (6 guys on the ferry). The other galleon must have been fishin also!😂

• You have had a very unique experience. Most people that I know have had their ship sunk while running Tall Tales. Not for any reason or treasure, just because people are ....

• @viperishemu2992 well it can't be to unique because it was the same for all those other pirates I saw out there lol. Although I will say on Wednesday night I think I was sailing toward Crooked Masts and I saw two other sloops nearby and the one that was in front of me went and attacked the other sloop and made quick work of him... it was a good thing too because I had just picked up the Shroudbreaker and was heading back to turn it in after a couple hour journey lol.

• I mean if you want we can come by and sink you for ol' times sake matey :D

• @jza16 Sorry, unique wasn't the correct word. I see now that it mean "one of a kind" and I meant "out of the ordinary". English is not my first language. Many, many players are complaining about the amount of aggro and camping that is going on in Tall Tales. On this forum and others.

• I had a VERY close call with some griefers. I'd been doing the second part of Tall Tales solo for the last few hours. Found the skeleton key but sailed to the wrong island for the chest (ended up messing about with some skeletons arms in a cave on Plunder Island). So I hid the key (and a mermaid gem I found) behind a rock in an empty chest I found. Eventually found the correct island after teleporting to my ship (sunk my ship to avoid attention). Got the chest and rowed back to Plunder Island (had to use my ship as a decoy again), then after unlocking the chest with the skeleton key I rowed to Plunder Outpost.
    I then sailed to where the first skeleton lord was (up near the Crescent Island area). As soon as I killed the skeleton lord a galleon appeared so I started rowing away in a boat hoping my ship would distract them but they saw me and started coming for me. Just as I thought I'd wasted all that time to lose the skull at the last minute, the kraken appeared and started attacking their galleon (I was at the very edge of its ink). Was able to row away and hide, then headed back to Plunder Outpost.

P.S why is l m a o restricted?

Views
14 out of 15