Sea of Thieves Tall Tales: Shores of Gold Walkthrough — Guide, Lore, Journals Locations, FAQ & Tips

• Tall Tales — Shores of Gold takes pirates through a series of interconnected tales of wonder and discovery, exploring the stories of those who live on the Sea of Thieves. Revel in the quintessential pirate adventure as you embark upon a quest for a lost island, long believed to be mythical.

Ahoy me hearties!

If ye be seeking for a walkthrough for The Shores of Gold Tall Tales, here it be.

As a forum post can only holds 32k characters and the formatting is a bit limiting, I decided to use Medium to host each walkthrough. At the moment you can find the walkthrough of the first two tales and I'll referenced the other ones after I'll experience them.

I wrote a FAQ to answer some frequent questions about the Tall Tales. Don't hesitate to share your own tips here and help the community :D

I wish you all to experience some amazing adventures!

The Shores of Gold is the first collection of Tall Tales introduced in Sea of Thieves in The Anniversary Update on April 30th. It will take you in a new epic storyline to the world of Sea of Thieves, delving deeper into the lore of our favourite pirate paradise by following a series of narrative adventures.

Tall tales told by familiar venturers talk of fleeting glimpses of jagged rocks sighted deep within the Devil’s Shroud with unimaginable riches. You’ll have to find the Shroudbreaker and use its great power to reach safely this fabled island. A mysterious journey that will take you to places protected by traps and puzzles to solve. Be prepared for anything, these riches are guarded by some Skeleton Lords full of surprises…

Well, what are you waiting for? It’s time to begin your journey to the Shores of Gold by visiting the Mysterious Stranger in any tavern, he has a special message for you from the Pirate Lord!

Tall Tales:

× The Shroudbreaker — The Mysterious Stranger in any tavern

Walkthrough & Mercia's Journals:

A Mysterious Stranger has received word of a vast treasure, once sought by the Pirate Lord himself, which lies hidden beyond the far reaches of the Sea of Thieves.

Locate the Mysterious Stranger in one of the taverns and examine the Pirate Lord’s journal to learn more about the legendary Shores of Gold.

× The Cursed Rogue — Madame Olivia at Plunder Outpost

Walkthrough & Bounty Hunter's Journals:

You’ve claimed the Shourdbreaker as your own, but vital pieces are missing. It seems a fearsome SKeleton Lord known as Briggsy may know their locations — but first, she must be hunted down.

The Order of Souls may know how to locate Briggsy. Their leader, Madame Olivia, resides at Plunder Outpost.

× The Legendary Storyteller — Tasha at Ancient Spire Outpost

Walkthrough & Briggsy's Journals:

In Briggsy’s memories you heard whispers of a little girl, sitting wide-eyed by the fire as wild stories were spun. Might any of them lead to a piece of the Shroudbreaker?

Tasha now runs the tavern at Ancient Spire Outpost. Her childhood storybook may prove useful.

× Stars of a Thief — Sudds at The North Star Seapost

Walkthrough & Sudds' Journals:

Briggsy made many friends and enemies across the Sea of Thieves. Her old shipmate, a reclusive navigator named Sudds, may know more about the Shroudbreaker fragments.

Sudds can usually be found at the North Star Seapost, but can this eccentric old stargazer really help uncover Briggsy’s hidden treasures?

× Wild Rose — Madame Olive at Sanctuary Outpost

Walkthrough & The Lovers' Journals:

Briggsy’s memories spoke of a young woman named Wild Rose, and true love shining across the waves… Is her fate somehow entwined with that of the Shroudbreaker?

Madame Olive works for the Order of Souls at Sanctuary Outpost. As one of Rose’s oldest friends, she may have some clue how to find her.

× The Art of a Trickster — Salty at Plunder Valley

Walkthrough & Trapmaker's Journals:

Madame Olivia revealed that BRiggsy recently paid a visit to Salty the parrot. The self-serving bird may know more about her plans to conceal the Shroudbreaker.

Salty rarely stays in one place for long, but was recently spotted soaring above Plunder Valley. Whether he can be trusted is another matter.

× The Fate of the Morningstar — The Ferryman on the Ferry of the Damned

Walkthrough & Ghost Hunter's Journals:

One fragment of the Shroudbreaker remains unclaimed. Now, you have received a summons from none other than the enigmatic Ferryman, whose origins lie shrouded in mystery.

The Ferryman guides deceased pirates back to the living world. Steel your heart, for there is only one way to reach him on the Ferry of the Damned.

× Revenge of the Morningstar — Sandra at Dagger Tooth Outpost

Walkthrough & Eli Slate's Journals:

The Morningstar’s crew were cursed by a vicious Skeleton Lord named Graymarrow. It seems that Sandra the Shipwright holds the truth about that fateful encounter.

Sandra works at Dagger Tooth Outpost and knows the location of the Morningstar. The ship’s log she has salvaged may point to the final part of the Shroudbreaker.

× The Shores of Gold — Captain Morrow (Grace) at Morrow’s Peak Outpost

Walkthrough & Briggsy's Journals:

With Graymarrow’s reign of terror ended and the Shroudbreaker complete once more, the Shores of Gold are finally within your reach!

Grace, at Morrow’s Peak Outpost, knows how to control the Shroudbreaker’s powers. She also has an important message to deliver.

General Tips

Lore Journals

You need to have an active quest with a Tale to see its dedicated lore journals in the world.

Ancient Vault Locations

• Boar totem: Devil’s Ridge.
    • Crab totem: N13 Uncharted Island.
    • Moon totem: Crescent Isle.
    • Scarab totem: Crook’s Hollow.
    • Shark totem: Kraken Fall.
    • Snake totem: Mermaid’s Hideaway.

FAQ

How is my progress saved through The Shores of Gold?

The Shores of Gold is split into a collection of 9 Tall Tales that work like any Voyage. You’ll need to start a Tale from its beginning at each session to fully complete it. Each Tale has its own set of steps you’ll unlocked by progressing in its story and a few rewards on completion.

How long will I need to complete a Tale?

You can complete a Tale in about 1–2 hours but keep in mind that it may vary with what can happen in the emergent world!

How can I progress in the Tall Tales and unlock the Tales?

While the story is mainly linear, it gives some freedom in the middle. The Tales are locked based on your progression:

• Tales #1 and #2 have to be done in order.
    • Completing Tale #2 unlock the Tales from #3 to #7 and can be completable in any order. Completing the first seven Tales unlock Tale #8.
    • Then, Tales #8 and #9 have to be done in order.

Someone in my crew has already unlocked a Tale that I have not yet unlocked, is it possible for me to complete it and unlock its commendations?

Yes. When on a crew with another who is more eligible, you share their eligibility and thus allowing you to start whichever Tale they have unlocked. You will earn progress through the commendations behind the scenes and when you will unlock your eligibility to do the Tale on your own (by completing the previous ones), the reputation page will show your already earned progress through the Tale. If you had previously completed it, you will be eligible for the next Tale.

Do I earn Gold by completing a Tale?

Yes, each Tale does reward crews with Gold on completion but the Tale #9 has a special reward you are going to want to try and get back to sell at your closest outpost for a large reward.

Can I replay the Tales and will they send me to the same places?

Yes, you can replay all the Tales and some of them may send you to different places. The core story stays the same, but the specific puzzles and challenges change each time. You will get more detail about the story by replaying them.

Will a Tale send me on the same places as another crew?

It is possible, you are still in an emergent world where anything can happen but for some Tales the system will ensure that different crews don’t end up on the same vault and fight over it.

Can other pirates or emergent encounters interfere with your adventures?

The core systems stay the same. The Tales have physical objects which can be lost or stolen.

What happens if you lose a Tall Tale object?

If an object that’s vital to completing a tale is lost, the quest can’t be completed and is automatically cancelled. You have to protect everything you find.

Is Shores of Gold time limited?

No, Tall Tales are permanent and can always be replayed any time.

Are there any cutscenes?

Yes, but they don’t take control away from you. You can walk around or walk away as you wish.

Are the Tall Tales tied to existing Trading Companies reputation?

No, the Tall Tales are not based on your reputation levels. Depending on your crew size, the gameplay will be automatically balanced. It’s a complementary experience to the normal voyages and you can do a Tall Tale at the same time as normal voyage. Through the Shores of Gold story, you’ll learn a bit more about the Gold Hoarder and Order of Souls Trading Companies.

Views
1 out of 1