The crewless nightmare

• It should have been just another night, just a simple fight, a little skellyboat hunt into the night.
    Together with captn panic i sailed in a brigatine fully supplied! Oh we sunk an armada of skellyboats roaming the seas, we escaped a kraken and ended up giving chase towards a fleetbattle cloud.
    The game started to play us throwing everything it got on our path preventing us from reaching the cloud with ambushes all around. We fought our way against all odds and slayed mighty megans and emergent skellyboats before finally reaching the shipcloud.
    With just the two of us slowly running out of supplies we just survived by ramming and bucketing and making every canonball count. Most treasure sank before our eyes with the ocean glinting at us while we desperately fought. Finally we won the battle and picked up just a few pieces of loot when already a karen showed up and attacked our boat. All loot just sank while we fought karen and used our last canonballs and started to dubbelgun her to scare her away and we survived it to eventually get some more loot.
    The game was hunting us and we got this feeling we could well be alone on this server and better not use our anchor.
    We fought some more megan and skellyboats fighting our way to a outpost able to turn in some loot when the captn panic signed off and i was sole surviver..
    I couldnt leave the server for the sea of thieves would be lost and forgotten and desperetely messaged friends to join but i remained a crewless sole surviver on a brigatine in a sea of monsters. No pirates no friends just pain and suffering.
    I sailed like a island hopper only short distances watching the clouds trying to avoid the mighty wrath of karen but no cloud would spawn so i slowly sailed into the ink and quik turned out to outsmart her and slowly continued my struggle to reach wanderers refue where a skellyboat found me and start circeling the island. After a few rounds i sink it and managed to get all the loot.
    I continued with slow progress picking up free loot at each island i passed on my way towards shipwreck bay where i started a reaper and after the first riddle and some more captn chest i got ambushed by karen again but finally she managed to sink me but i saved the loot in a rowboat and left it to pick up my new boat when i got finally server merged and lost all.. O.o
    Well not all.. daylight and new pirates came into play and it looked like we survived a night of horrors and the sea of thieves was saved :")
    I logged off knowing others would continue the struggle and i could fight another day.
    I left my crew this week and i got punished but surely now they will forgive me or so i hope for playing solo is just nightmare mode.

Views
  • Was just saying yesterday how the sea can get too chaotic. Recently heard Rare talk proudly again about how their event scheduler finds the “perfect” mix to make the sea interesting. Only sometimes does it seem right. Most often it is either endless assaults or nothing at all. Sounds like the sea indeed threw everything at you at night long. It can be a real problem. Even to the point of interfering with the highly coveted PvP.

Sorry I did see your call my friend. Unplugged yesterday afternoon and did not check anything. There is nothing to forgive you for either. Hopefully you have fully woke up from the nightmare this morning. Next time we all sail together we will make sure you do not lose any decorations. Have to have lots of them for a really good loot party boat.

• I was the only one left im sure after each cloud despawned i got the pop up did not see any other player.. im now on a server with 3 reaper ships :") saved a sloop from a karen and just helped them sink a skellyboat and let them have the loot :") so far so good i guess vingers crossed

Views
1 out of 3