Sea of Thieves saved my life.

• A few months ago I went through the hardest thing I’ll ever have to go through in my life. I lost my unborn son at 35 weeks pregnant. His name was Magnus and I’ll forever miss him. The few weeks that followed his death were the hardest, most overwhelming weeks of my life. I needed an escape from reality for a while and I started playing Sea of Thieves again. I lost minutes, days, weeks inside this game. It quite literally saved my life. If it wasn’t for the hours I spent mindlessly sailing and forgetting about my heartache and pain for a moment, I wouldn’t be here today. I am so very thankful for this game and thankful it gave me an escape when I felt like giving up. Thankyou Rare from the bottom of my heart for literally saving my life.

Views
    xbox one
  • That's heartbreaking... yet heartwarming.

• Don't know what to say, but happy for you, that this game helps you in your grief.

• Im truly sorry for your loss. Im glad to hear you had something to help pull you through though.

• @kittybangs Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Take care of yourself and those around you. X

I and a few friends have spent countless hours discussing the benefits of videogames on our lives. For that time spent in a game (it has to be said most often this is SoT for us too), the rest of the world does not exist, those issues causing us mental health problems vanish and we are there, in the moment, without any cares or troubles from the outside.

• @kittybangs

I'm struck speechless...
    I simply raise me tankard
    To you

• @kittybangs

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Words are just inadequate to express the pain of what you've shared here and your courage in sharing your story.

I'm so glad to hear you found some respite and relief sailing the seas, I know many others have as well... I wish you fair winds and bright sunrises from the bottom of my heart.

Views
xbox one
1 out of 7