Been meaning to share this for awhile.

• So I have been meaning to share what Sea of Thieves means to me and the story of it for awhile.

I started this game as a casual solo player, I would occasionally do more than solo sloop and join open crews on galleys and hope and pray for others with a mic. One day it happened, I jumped on this boat and not one, or two, but all 3 members were using the in game chat and communicating and that was the day the game changed for me. We sailed for hours, completed some missions, I think we did a skull fort, mostly we just had fun. We friended each other on xbox and went our separate ways.

Turns out one of those members and I shared similar play times and began to regularly duo sloop. We got to know each other, conversations shifted from pirates to life and we had a lot of fun. It was around this time we discovered discord. We started using it to build galleys of crews of people and had even more fun. One day he goes to me, "Hey these guys I sailed with once have 2 spot open and want to know if we would like to join?" The answer was a solid "hell yeah". That was when I met more pirates. After a play session we were hooked even deeper. We ground out missions just putting miles on the waves behind us and sinking almost everything we could find. We fort hopped, built Noah's ark, cheesed skeletons at snake island with the best of them. We played a lot.

Now you ask how is this different? This was all before hungering deep, we hit legend in early June. Myself and those pirates have become real friends, geographical differences aside, its no different than the people I see at home. We still play pirates every week. We managed to book Comic-Con tickets together.

This game has provided me with hundreds of hours of entertainment. It has also helped me make friends that I enjoy spending time with, people I can't wait to share a grog with.

@rare THANK YOU. I can't wait to see what the 2nd year brings, the 1st one set the bar very high.

Views
1 out of 1