Flameheart's Cursed Chest -- a Theory

• So I have a theory and a question regarding the mysterious cursed chest that Captain Flameheart acquired right before he became a Skeleton Lord -- the same chest that supposedly summoned the Kraken to attack Bel and Nura. All of which has only happened because a mysterious "patron" is paying anybody and everybody to bring this chest to him.

I'm wondering if perhaps this chest was actually a Box of Wondrous Secrets. Tales from the Sea of Thieves describes it as having "silvery, illegible script [that] crawled across every surface, betraying no clue as to the contents." Sounds a bit like it, except for the color scheme (delighted to say that I know this from experience!)

So since Stitcher Jim was sent by the Gold Hoarder to collect the Box of Wondrous Secrets, perhaps the Gold Hoarder was the "patron" who paid people to recover the box for him, and perhaps he is also the "Cap'n" who turned Flameheart into a Skeleton Lord! If so, then Tall Tales promises to reveal a good bit of lore, as we find out what happened to Stitcher Jim and his Box, and most likely encounter the Gold Hoarder himself!

So what are your thoughts? Does this make sense, or am I off my rocker per usual? Any threads or likely predictions that I missed? Perhaps most importantly, do you guys think that there will be any consequences, good or bad, for finding the Box and giving it to Captain Morrow? After all, Stitcher Jim suggests in his letter to the Gold Hoarder that the Box might have the power to make -- or break -- curses...

Views
  • Maybe we should have had this discussion before we turned the one in we did together today. I am sure we will be able to live with consequences. ;)

• @x-crowheart-x aye -- it was too perfect, I finished Tales from the Sea of Thieves before I went to bed last night, and made the (possible) connection after finding our own! Hm...

Views
1 out of 3