Exploits or just good ?

• Last night we ran into a sloop that appeared to be virtually unkillable and unsinkable however not impossIble but had me scratching my head.

1.) I stronghold kegged this sloop though I wasn’t directly on it the explosion from the keg also exploded a keg on there ship they had on deck which leads me to believe that it was within blast radius and normally this is a automatic sink. Plus I killed one in the explosion. However the ship remained and pursued.

2.) they would kill us in 3-4 sword swipes when it takes 5.. my friend slashed 6 times on these people without them eating a banana and they didn’t die at all in fact when one of them tried to board us I did the usual blunder bus to the face as they climb and sword. He not only took the blunder buss , he also took two swings had enough time to make it to second deck before he took more swings and then died.

9/10 times I will say we are big dogs on server rarely sink or lose in ship combat have just two people just plow through like this just seemed a bit off granted we all die from time to time but to this extent didn’t make sense because of what I mentioned earlier . Were people using exploits or cheats or was it that we were off our game, thoughts ?

Views
  • @fuzzyh1ghland3r There have been times, not many, but at least 2 times I can remember where someone exploded a keg on my sloop and we were able to save it. Sloops are actually very durable.

The sword swipes, could be accounted towards server lag and maybe you were not hitting them but getting the hit marker. Also, they could of ate a banana while hopping around, running around pillars and you might of not noticed. The blunder buss to the face could of been some of the bullets hit the side of the ladder instead of hitting him with it.

And lastly to the big dog comment, there are always bigger fish in the sea :P lol. Honesty I been playing since beta, and out of all that time I would say I have not seen an hacker. Not saying they aren't out there, but I truly believe that they are not as active in this game as others. I get called a hacker at least once or twice a month, about 2 weeks ago a guy was yelling at me saying I was using a infinite health hack and he was going to report me... I had it recorded and it just showed he missed 90% of his shots.

This is just my 2 cents. Happy sailing!

• @el-dth-taco hey fair thoughts it was a stronghold keg that I hit em with not just a regular keg the explosion hit the ship and a regular keg I heard the chain reaction.

• @el-dth-taco could be possible with the sword blocks but our hits were from behind and to the side they were stuck ther for 6 consecutive swipes. They also had no slow down with swords even after a missed stroke none of the delay wa just weird but yes 9/10 times agree that one time we do see people that best us

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r Yeah it could of happened. Did you report them at least?

• @el-dth-taco sad thing is I couldn’t remeber there names but hacks do exist I found several aim bots you can purchase and other exploits with a google search they do exist. Who knows what happend last night I know after I threatened to report killing them , and eventually us sinking them proved a lot easier. After this never saw them again that night.

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r Oh yeah I know they are out there. I just think Rare bans the users really quick.

You can go to the Xbox App (if you are using PC) and sort your friends list by "Recent" and you will see their names.

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r Can't speak for them seeming to have extra health, but you can bail the sloop faster than it floods. If one survived, they could've just bailed until their partner came back to repair and left the ship to sail itself. It's difficult, but entirely possible.

• @truthfullist56 @El-Dth-Taco

Hey thanks for the sound advice on the topic and being mature and constructive without just bashing me. Cheers to you both. And to the bailing comment it’s possible didn’t think about that I’m just used to stronghold kegging a galleon and it being sank in a matter of moments. I guess I’ll just need to be prepared for the next I encounter lol. Least we didn’t lose any treasure and we sank them in the end as well

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r they sank us one time killed the guy in our row boat saved all our treasure hooked up the row boat in transit just before they came back and then called us names because we were doing drive byes turning in.

• If somebody could explain how they were able to slash as five consecutive times with swords. When typically you do 3 swipes then there is an automatic break. The automatic break was not happening. Just five constant swords wipes

Views
1 out of 11