Cloaked in folds of midnight waters....

• Who remembers this from the official E3 trailer a couple of years back? It gave me chills then and still does today! As per the dev update, We Shall Sail Together has been officially released and can be streamed on Spotify, which has got me all kinds of excited. Would love to see this actually enter the charts!

Check it out here....

And of course, the official 2016 E3 trailer...

Views
  • @luciansanchez82

I love this song.

Also, if some people didn't know, I'm going to quote a very interesting old article about how and why this song has been created like that:

Titled “We Shall Sail Together”, the piece was by Rare Veteran Composer Robin Beanland with the vocal talent of fellow Rare employee Anna Hon. As many of you probably noticed from the outset, the song is a rendition of the age old pirate shanty, “Drunken Sailor”, with a twist. Robin tells us that the idea behind using “Drunken Sailor” as a springboard for the song was so that people had “a feeling they’re listening to something familiar”, while not instantly thinking that it’s just “Drunken Sailor”.

But what were these aforementioned twists? One major change was the time signature being switched from 4/4 to 6/8 which essentially affected the phrasing of the lyrics and melody, giving it a brisk “waltz feel”. You can see where this and the slow tempo of the song works well with the slow tracking shots that take up the entirety of the trailer.

And more can be read there https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/we-shall-sail-together

• @skulliah Wow, that's an awesome insight. Thanks for sharing matey!

• This is awesome (and love Skulliah's bit of trivia too!)

Freya Catherine has a version of "We Shall Sail Together", as well as "Becalmed" (Songs of Thieves), on Spotify too if anyone is looking for a different take.

• @luciansanchez82 great song now I just gotta download a program to blast it through my mic when on the seas!

• @lord-pharqwad said in Cloaked in folds of midnight waters....:

@luciansanchez82 great song now I just gotta download a program to blast it through my mic when on the seas!

A smart phone and speaking trumpet are all you need ;)

Views
5 out of 6