Horrible FPS, anyone else?

• So I have an I7-4790k and a GTX 1080ti, both overclocked. Im running at 1440p, 144hz monitor, so no vsync on but capped at 120fps. When im in the game performance is fine for about 30 minutes, then it declines. I can get 120 easy on sea and small to medium sized islands, But when on an outpost or larger island my frames dip into the 40s, I have tried lowering the graphics settings but that does no good, unless on the lowest possible. My CPU reaches about 65% ussage, and my GPU is all over the place, but never above 80% usage. Even when my frames dip into the 50's the usage on is never above 80% same with the CPU, it never goes above 70%. I'm curious if anyone with a similar setup has experienced the same thing?

Views
  • @rocking-mp I have same thing happen, especially at Thieves Haven.
    I just got a 1070 gtx with 16gb of ram. So I only run everything on rare, at 1440p @ 60fps with v-sync (I stupidly bought a 4k monitor, being a pc noob) so you think you, having a 1080 ti shouldn't be dropping down to 40 fps at all on rare settings if I only drop to 40 on one of the most complex islands. Is one of your Ram sticks loose?.... Thats all I got lol (probably the same useless answer you'll get off a customer service call) but it might be the reason? Right? Idunno though I cant offer much insight into this, Im no pc wizard.

• @lord-pharqwad lol, I appreciate the input. I honestly think something is bugged with my game, because performance degrades overtime, and glitches out

Views
2 out of 3