Text to Speech

• I play on PC. Tonight, I joined someone playing else playing on PC who did not have a working mic. However, everything he typed was converted to speech (even that which was rendered as ***** in the text chat.) Is this new? I have never encountered it before. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 (the "October 2018" release).

Views
  • @surveyorpete
    Hello, no this isn't new. This is in the game since release (I believe).
    But there's some steps we need to do on our devise to allow it.

On PC I do not how to do it.
    But on Xbox we need to go to settings - ease tf access then game transcription and enable the options we desire. (Speech to text or text to speech)

This is only available in English and for US country, if I'm not mistaken.

Andn only works for others. We enable the settings for other to hear or to read what we say/write, not ourselves.

• Greetings, I too have been using this for a while now.

You simply enable the "Text to speech" option in the settings section of the X-box app for Windows and select the voice you want to use from the drop down selections provided.
    alt text

Pretty sure i haven't enabled any other settings via my PC to get it to work.
    You can assign different voices as well as regional accents etc although this filthy casual knows not how to do so.

• I turned off all TTS settings in the Xbox settings and the read aloud is off. It’s still reading to me. Why didn’t it work?

• @thekrawfish i believe there is also a toggle in the ingame settings when you pause, though idk the pc key to pause.

• Everyone needs to just go and buy a mic.

They are like 9 bucks people if you can’t afford that then you don’t deserve to even be playing video games!

• No it's not new xb players had that as well

• @glannigan Helpful :p

• I don't see any Text-to-speech icon in the settings menu on xbox game bar,or the xbox app

• @canayienfranca found it, I activated it bit it doesnt work, anyone can help me?

• @canayienfranca I cant find it either lmk if you find it

• @glannigan ever heard of speech impediments?

• To anyone still looking for these settings on win 10. They are in the xbox companion app. Not the xbox app.

• @smokey4205612 thanks you so much dude

• answered my question without me asking cheers all

Views
15 out of 16