Fort keys, the chamber and loot despawn timers.

• So I'm sitting here, watching 3 brigs fight over a fort that I completed solo (kinda) and escaped with the key, wondering how long will the doors on the fort stay with loot inside? Will it disappear once a new fort pops up? If so, how long is the gap between forts?

Cheers.

Views
  • @swarzey Ahoy matey!

Nothing to fear there, the fort loot will stay there even once a new fort spawns... the only thing to watch out for is a server merge, those things can be devastating!

• You can also use the key on the next fort if it pops. You just have to load up the boat while dealing with skeletons. They will clear the fort only to find the vault empty.

• If the fort despawns the vault opens and the loot is gone but can use the key on next fort? I dunno how long it takes for a skullcloud to despawn..

• @musicmee Appreciate the reply! There was a server merge earlier and I don't anchor my boat. I guess I'll just sit back and watch these guys go at it over nothing then. They're relentless.

• @musicmee

It doesnt open and despawn if you already got the key and a new skullcloud appears?

I need to test this next time :D i just used the key on next fort.. so in theorie i can gather skullkeys and leave all forts on lock down?

• @swarzey

You can either wait and get the vault when the coast is clear or sail on to the next fort when it pops. If you go to the next fort, leave one skellie up until you clear out the new fort. Then kill him and clear the waves. You will get another key that you can use on the next fort that pops up.

• @ruigtand-nl said in Fort keys, the chamber and loot despawn timers.:

@musicmee

It doesnt open and despawn if you already got the key and a new skullcloud appears?

I need to test this next time :D i just used the key on next fort.. so in theorie i can gather skullkeys and leave all forts on lock down?

Will be a fun theory to test!

• @x-crowheart-x

Yeah if i do a long session i think i get the keys from the forts in the north thus blockading them so no skullclouds spawn in the north.. then all goes to the south ^^ test if i can mess up things it sounds like fun

• @ruigtand-nl said in Fort keys, the chamber and loot despawn timers.:

@x-crowheart-x

Yeah if i do a long session i think i get the keys from the forts in the north thus blockading them so no skullclouds spawn in the north.. then all goes to the south ^^ test if i can mess up things it sounds like fun

Just check a fort back before you go too far. I thought when we did this a while back the treasure despawned at the previous fort and it was opened when the new one was up. Do not want to go too far and have more keys than loot to claim.

• @x-crowheart-x

Yeah but still ^^

I immediately called our plant manager to tell him this very important news and explained i need to clear the northern forts :D

But im in a terrible position to take a day free because i work solo and replace the other pirate who can work our highend lasers installation so no one can replace me -.- so no vacation, taking a free day or be sick..

But he asked why its important so i asked him why football is important to him ? So he thinks about it..

Need some luck with this pirate lord here -.-

• @ruigtand-nl

I have to go take over skellie forts is one of the best excuses to leave work early. Need to have some pirate bling on hand to help enforce your sense of urgency and condition.

Start with the eye patch. Then work up to a pirate hat and if all else fails, you put on a false peg leg as you hobble around answering every question with arrgh!

You will either get to leave work early and go sail, or be taken in for a psych evaluation. Like they say about the game, no rewards without the risk.

• @x-crowheart-x

So lol i actually get a free day to play sot and clear forts :D thats not all he says they put administration aside for tomorrow to make it look i still worked so i says but then you gotta pay for the work lol :D he looked funny he says yes i have to ^^ thus me get payed to play sot for real because they cant give me free on paper this world is crazy sometimes whooooohooow :")

Gonna be kind of a gilded fort raid ^^ ![alt text](image url)

• Keys can be used on any fort.

Therefore active ones also fall in this category. Be careful not to open an empty vault on an non-active one as that also works.

Therefore you can always decide to flee to the next and grab that loot. (Tip: Keep a minimum of one wave skeleton up, else the next wave appears)

• @cotu42 Non active fort vaults are open now. They used to be closed until they were unlocked but now they remain open.

• @ghostpaw in that case sorry for the outdated data, cheers for correcting me.

• @cotu42 said in Fort keys, the chamber and loot despawn timers.:

@ghostpaw in that case sorry for the outdated data, cheers for correcting me.

Don’t sweat it. With the rapid changes over the last few months it has been hard to keep up with all of them.

• this might be related, but I completed a skull fort the other day, and the vault opened before I used the key (so I was able to keep the key, but get at the treasure)

so after I cleared all the treasure, I wanted to try the skull key on a "fresh" fort, but it was soo late, so I opened my crew and passed it on to the next guy.

Views
17 out of 18