How to avoid being framed in Sea of Thieves?

• First off, I do support the punishment of players using abusive language to other players, as it generally affects that player IRL. In the last dev update, it was said that a video of a player doing this to another convinced them to (permanently?) ban that player.

I'm fairly anxious and paranoid in general, so I'm somewhat concerned that a player who has a grievance towards another, for whatever reason, could entice them to speak (displaying the talking bubble), record the video, and overlay another voice recording with abusive language. This video could then be sent to Rare/Microsoft and the player is then permanently banned for nothing.

How could one possibly defend themselves against this? Would I need to be recording my screen and voice at all times? I'm almost afraid to talk to other players using the mic at all now, to keep that bubble from appearing over my head. At least in the case that it's a player I've stolen treasure from.

Views
  • I think Xbox keeps like temporary records of voice chat over their systems or something. So I don't think you have to worry about being framed.

This all does make me curious about what the SoT policies on these bans are though. Permanent bans for toxic behavoir seems rather excessive to me, and probably counter-productive.

In general on Xbox anyway, it'd only ever be a communication ban which makes sense. And maybe they're just doing that, and passing the info along to the Xbox team, but I have no idea.

• I rarely ever leave party chat. This is mainly due to the fact that in general people tend to be such jerks when you pvp on this game. Never good sports. Always that we’re trash, garbage or some type of expletive, even despite the fact that their ship is sunk and ours is still sailing strong. The only time I leave party chat is to seek alliance or offer help, if there’s no response or I get a feeling it’s leading towards pvp then it’s back to seclusion on party chat.

• @dekeita Hopefully that is the case. I'm not sure how the process works but I'd hope they use some concrete evidence.

Views
3 out of 4