Playlists to take on the Sea Of Thieves (News Article)

• We have a new news article posted, as titled above and I haven’t seen it posted yet, so I figured I would throw it out here for everyone. :)

”When you're sailing the Sea of Thieves, do you ever want a change from shanties? Feel like something a bit more contemporary to put you in the mood for being nautical but nice? Maybe you want to get your groove on when you're away from the helm? That's why we've compiled six themed Spotify playlists (so far) for Sea of Thieves fans, curated by the Rare team to help you be more pirate!”

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/sea-of-thieves-playlists

My playlist has a lot of variety in it but if I picked one song of the top of my head that I enjoyed while sailing around the other day I believe it would have to be:

Free Bird - Lynard Skynyrd

Happy sailing and pirating! :)

Views
  • I made this on spotify last year, I'm still improving that list.

• @knifelife I was thinking about create a playlist as well.
    I used to play the Official SoT playlists on Spotify, but I was thinking about creating one with some portuguese music too ...

• You can throw on nearly any Flogging Molly song.

Then there's this song written by a Canadian comedy group called The Arrogant Worms, though the most popular version is a cover by Captain Tractor.

Fun fact: part of this video was obviously filmed in West Edmonton Mall, which has a scale replica of the Santa Maria inside.

• Some Contemporary Pirate Hurdy Gurdy Action... Gets me in the mood :)

The Longing - Storm Seeker - Lyrics

I've seen many men wandering
    all strong and brave and keen
    Seen them growing into rulers
    but I long for the sea
    Heard a ship came from North
    to our harbour for a day
    and before misfortune knows
    I'll be on my way

I'm all set to veer away
    and I'm all set to go astray
    All burdens I will leave ashore
    to find what I've been longing for

Don‘t tell anyone
    that this night I'll be gone
    Greeting the eternal blue
    right at the break of dawn
    Sailing t‘wards the unknown
    with my crew on the sea
    And the day that I return
    a hero I shall be

I'm all set to veer away
    and I'm all set to go astray
    All burdens I will leave ashore
    to find what I've been longing for

• I need to learn to read OPs properly... ahem

Anyways... I just want them to release the OST on Spotify... forget listening to other music playing Sea of Thieves, I want to listen to Sea of Thieves music playing other games! :)

• @knifelife nice mate haul away

• @knifelife

Here's my Portuguese Sea Of Thieves Playlist on Spotify.
    Only Portuguese Groups, mostly from the 70's, 80's and 90's

• I listened through the #BeMorePirate channel over the weekend and really enjoyed it! I’d heard most of the songs, but there were some great surprises in there! Thanks to whomever put it together!

BTW, I’m ashamed to admit it took me a few moments to understand why I was hearing a the bouncy synth of Cyndi Lauper song.

Views
9 out of 10