1,000th Post

• So, this is it, my 1,000th post in these forums. I have only been around these forums for 7 months, a bit of a late bloomer I suppose. I am not a founder, I wasn't here during the early beta's and I wasn't around for some of the gear I want most (black dog, so tempting to get a code from ebay, LOL). But my passion for this game is as high as anyone I know and I dare you to challenge me on this. LOL

I have been around gaming since the first Atari (dating myself I know). I remember playing games like Pong, or a tank game I can't even remember the name of now, but it was basically a couple of pixles for a tank, and several walls, you had to hunt down either an AI tank or against one other person. Multi-player was two people at most. LOL. I pretty much owned every game console that came out until I got married. Then married life, having kids, and just life in general forced me to leave behind games.

But then, I found other games, like Mafia Wars in facebook, or Castle Age. Then I got my first iPhone, and started playing online games like Game of War, Oceans and Empires or Pirates of the Caribean. By the time I found those games, I had the means to spend like it didn't really matter. But I got burned out on all of those games. But I met some great friends through them, including someone I consider my closest friend today, @QueenPucci . We were playing PotC together, and we both saw the end coming in that game. So she talked me into this new game called Sea of Thieves, another pirate game. So we looked up on line videos of the game and started getting excited. I was still hesitant to get the game. But eventually she wore me down and I bought an XBoxOneX and got the game through game pass.

After getting through the initial choosing a pirate and stuff, once I loaded in for the first time, I fell in love. This game was beautifully put together. Never before had I seen an ocean like that in a game. A sunset or all the colors in the sky. And the smoothness of your movements through out the game, like jumping into water or any of it really.

Shortly after joining I found out some old friends from GoW were playing. So whenever Pucci was not available I would join them. And they taught me so much about the game that I shared with Pucci and we kept growing. I have to admit, I became a bit obsessed with the game. Then I found out about all of these different media outlets to get SoT information, and so my journey in these forums begain. At first I simply looked for posts about game information. And truthfully, I was blown away with how much interaction there was with the dev team, directly, no filter, no go between. It was truly awesome (I do miss those days).

Then I started adding my own comments and contributions. And rather quickly I fell in love with the people I was meeting on these forums too. Sure there were some that got on my nerves a bit, but there were far more that I started to respect. I found some truly great people here like @musicmee or @KattTruewalker. Adding on to that I met people that I would eventually sail with in the game, like @KnifeLife , @x crowheart x, @Galactic-Geek and many, many others I know I am failing to mention.

But all in all, this community, both in game and here on these forums continue to keep me coming back. Thank you to everyone that has participated in my ride to this point.

Views
  • @nofears-fun Congratulations matey! You have added some valuable feedback and helped shape the game and the community.

Its members like you that keep me coming back!

Here's to the next 1000!

• @musicmee Some day matey, I am going to convince you and @KattTruewalker to join me for a grog and an adventure....

• @nofears-fun Well, if @KattTruewalker is up for it... I am!

• @nofears-fun said in 1,000th Post:

I have been around gaming since the first Atari (dating myself I know). I remember playing games like Pong, or a tank game I can't even remember the name of now, but it was basically a couple of pixles for a tank, and several walls, you had to hunt down either an AI tank or against one other person.

alt text

Apparently we're both oldfarts. That explains a lot. :D

• @genuine-heather YESSSS!

• @musicmee So you agree with my proposal, now we are just haggling over price...

• Congratulations with yer 1000th post...You certainly made a rememberable one. The Forum has gone through many fases and today it's simply massive that it became a bit impossible to read all...But people like you who keep coming back, who shine their light over all kinds of Topics and who keep their cool even if attacked upon , are hard to forget...
    i haven't read all yer 1000 posts but many of them i have read and i can say you are an asset to this Forum...It's a bit sad that the Boatswains are a number that rather decreases than increases , otherwise i would applaud you if you would become selected one day...

Congratulations, Mr No Fears Fun, and now ...Up to another 1000, Sir.

• @clumsy-george Thank you sir! You have become one of my favorites on these forums. Your ability to laugh at yourself and even invite other to do so has brought many a smile and even tears to me eye matey. I hope to continue to see you here and would welcome a chance to share a grog and an adventure on the seas with you some day.

• @NoFears-Fun And here’s to the next thousand my friend, may your time here be as long and as fun as the first! :)

• @Genuine-Heather I see you lurking!!! You too are on the list of hopefully we can sail together some day pirates I will someday share a grog with and an adventure....

And my YESSSS wasn't because we are both oldfarts (whether that is true or not is in the eye of the beholder, LOL) but rather you found the game I was thinking of. Man has gaming come a long, long way....

• @nofears-fun Add me into that session with @Genuine-Heather she be another legend I want to sail with to!

• @NoFears-Fun Good job me matey! It's been 2 years I'm there and I still don't have thousand posts! See ya around here or on the high seas!

• @jetorchidee97 Mine says a year but I know it longer than that! And I have 4.7k!!!

Maybe I just talk to much. 😂
    Everyone’s to polite around here and won’t tell me to shut up xD

• @knifelife a dit dans 1,000th Post :

@jetorchidee97 Mine says a year but I know it longer than that! And I have 4.7k!!!

Maybe I just talk to much. 😂
    Everyone’s to polite around here and won’t tell me to shut up xD

1 year? That's weird!
    Lol there's some vocal scallywags overhere, you would know by now ;P

• So, you're all going to sail together? Well, when you do, don't forget about me! 😅

• A nice post. It's refreshing to read mate.
    I'm a bit negative, it's part of my nature to pick out the flaws and faults in things but genuinely, Sea Of Thieves has been a great form of escapism for me since the beta and I adore the freedom it offers us to be the pirates we choose to be for the day.

Calm waters and fair weathers.

• @nofears-fun You've become one of the names I quickly recognize here. Hopefully you stick around :)

• @musicmee said in 1,000th Post:

@nofears-fun Well, if @KattTruewalker is up for it... I am!

Definitely up for it!

A huge congratulations on your 1000th post on the forums!!

Thanks so much for being such an active part of this Community!

• I'm at well over 1.4k in posts, and I don't recall getting so much attention when I hit that milestone... 😒

Remind me to toot my own horn when I reach 2k! 😅

• @galactic-geek I’m close to the 5K although I believe I will be hiding at that milestone!
    I’m starting to think I just talk to much 😂

• @nofears-fun

Congratulations mate! I am not far behind you. Also up there with you in age as well.

When I first learned about computers in college it was called a science and first time the program was available there. While we argue about keyboard and mouse or controller inputs now, I was using punch cards back then.

It just makes us all long in tooth around here wise old gamers and pirates. Cheers and hope there are thousands more!

• I was just comparing everyone's post/rep-count to mine in this thread, and I have to say that while I've been here longer than most, your numbers truly humble me, people...

• @nofears-fun

Just to add to the other voices around the forum.
    Contrats... Matey!
    Great to have you with us.
    I know as a group we can agree & disagree at times.
    But what I find refreshing is that regardless, there is a genuine liking & respect for fellow long standing/active forum members.
    Alone we are individuals, collectively we all make this a great forum to be part of.

You @NoFears-Fun are a pure embodiment of what makes this forum great...
    I look forward to your next 1000+ and the great discussions we will all have in the future.

edit: Just checked you are at 1010 another 990, the countdown has started :)

• @NoFears-Fun Congrats!!! So many dedicated pirates to the game Sea of Thieves, but yet no golden key to the Pioneers program.

• @nofears-fun the tank games name was simply "battle tank", if it was the atari game.
    Bild Text

• @nofears-fun NICE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views
1 out of 27