Riddle Guide, Animal Spawns, Ammo Crate Locations and more!

• Ahoy there, pirates!

Almost a year ago now, myself and another huge SoT fan started an interactive map that you might have come across while sailing the Sea of Thieves. Since launch we have added hundreds of markers to the map! These range from markers helping you complete one riddle map to markers helping you complete an entire Bilge Rat Adventure.

The interactive map is full of guides and tips. So, the "Gameplay Guides + Tips" board seems to be a natural home. I've posted a few helpful links to the map here and there around the forum when I thought it would help answer specific questions. But, I've never officially shared it as a whole. With so many new pirates joining the Sea of Thieves—and, hopefully, with how many answers and insights this map might provide—I thought now might be a good time to finally share it within this community.

So here we go!

Welcome to the Rare Thief SoT Companion! This is an interactive map that can be used to hunt down riddle clues, animal spawns, ammo crate locations, cannon placements, cargo run NPCs and so much more. If you'd like to use the interactive map on your desktop or laptop, you'll like want to use the web version. If you'd like to use the interactive map on your phone or tablet, you'll likely want to use the app (Apple Pirates and Android Pirates). Don't worry, no matter which you choose, they're all free. Below is a little description of each of the buttons and features. Hopefully, this will give you all you'll need to know to get the most out of this map.

Button #1: The Filter
    Currently, there are 27 categories for markers, and that number keeps growing! Luckily, the topmost button on the left is a "filter." Click it and you can browse the marker categories and turn each one on or off as you see fit.

Helpful Hint #1: the "Landmarks" and "Rock Paintings" are probably the most used categories because those will help you solve your riddles.

Helpful Hint #2: the animals are likely the next most used categories. Fair warning: the markers only show what animals could spawn, but the animals are more likely to spawn on bigger islands.

For example, there is a little pig marker on the island "Paradise Spring." This simply means that if animals spawn those animals will be pigs, rather than chickens or snakes. But—because it's a smaller island—you might show up and find no pigs have spawned, or that only a few have spawned and they're not the color the merchant wants. If you want a better bet, you might try the bigger islands.

Button #2: The Search
    If you're looking for something specific, you can also use the search. Where is that blasted "Derelict Barrel Cache"? Just type it in the search, and you will soon see exactly where the cache is on the map, plus an image to help you know what to look for.

Button #3: The Island Finder
    Sometimes when you come across a Gold Hoarder "X Marks the Spot" map, you're not quite sure which island it is. Click on the third button to open a handy little Island Finder feature. There you'll find enlarged versions of each island. Using this you can quickly scroll through and spot the one that matches.

Button #4: The Shop Preview
    The interactive map also has a Shop Preview feature. There you can peruse all the beautiful cosmetics in each region. This can be rather helpful when you're at Golden Sands and would like to compare the swords available with the swords at Ancient Spire. It's also helpful at Sea Posts. Sea Posts have great deals, but how much of a discount is it actually?

Button #5: The Pocket Watch
    This will tell you the in-game day. This has come in quite handy for certain campaigns. During the "Cursed Sails" campaign, certain ships could only be attacked on certain in-game days. We added the pocket watch so players could see when that day was coming up even while they were not playing the game. As that day approached, they could then set sail. Perhaps it will be similarly helpful in future campaigns, too. Of course, it also helps with merchant quests, if for some reason you can't get to your in-game pocket watch.

Button #6: Settings—Voyages & Languages!
    The sixth button looks like a captain's wheel. This is our "Settings" panel. "Settings" sounds pretty dull, but it has a few gems!

–Plan Voyage–
    At the top of the "Settings" panel there is a gray bar with a "Plan Voyage" option. If you turn this option on, you can place route markers on the map in the order you plan to visit the islands. Once you are finished placing your markers, turn off "Plan Voyage," and you can resume clicking around the map without setting down more markers.

Pro Tip: you can actually share your map with your "Plan Voyage" route markers. This is a little known fact. To be honest, we're not sure anyone knows. If so, the pirates in this forum will be among the first! Huzzah! After you've planned your voyage, simply copy the url and share the link with your crew. Now you'll all know where you're heading. Perhaps more importantly, there are certain pirates who won't know—opposing players who board your ship and dastardly attempt to read your in-game map.

–Languages–
    This is perhaps the feature of which we are the proudest. Thanks to the members of this incredible community, the map has now been translated from English into both French and Brazilian Portuguese! (We're working on more, too!) You can switch the language in this "Settings" panel. The default is set to English. Click on "English" and you'll be able to select French or Brazilian Portuguese.

Well, there you have it. The Rare Thief Interactive Map is officially announced to the Sea of Thieves Forum!

With tons of features, hundreds of markers—including over 450 riddle clue solutions alone—you will be as well informed a sailor as any Pirate Legend!

If you come across anything we don't have, a correction that needs to be made, or just some general feedback we would love to hear it. There's a contact button in the "Settings Panel." :)

P.S. We also have a complementary guide specifically for riddle clues. In this guide, the riddle clues are in a simple list form for anyone who wants to do a quick "Control + F" search. The listed riddle clues then link to the interactive map. We thought this might be helpful for PC users—or xbox users who sail with a trusty computer by their side. You can find the complementary Riddle Clue Guide here.

Views
  • @ionei-falcon Wow! Just Wow! I think I’ve actually used this a few times on my merchant missions, so another thank you for saving my sanity xD

I’m sure this will help a lot of people in need! Must have taken you guys so long to do.
    Glad it’s been giving a public launch!

Does your hidden partner begin with an M by chance, I feel like I recognise a certain time extension from a while ago :P

Just thinking @KattTruewalker it might be a good idea to add this to your beginners guide. :)

• @knifelife I am not a secret partner... unfortunately, as much as I am willing to offer my services wherever @IOnEI-Falcon needs them!

Amir's greatness is all his own work there!

• @ionei-falcon SOOOO AWESOME! The companion we were waiting for! Thanks a lot. :D

• Ill try this :D thnx for sharing

• @ionei-falcon nice that'll help people

• @knifelife Yes! @Musicmee's in-game time browser extension is so cool! We really do have such a talented community.

Views
6 out of 7