Got a friend to play SoT, and toxicity ruin it

• So me and my friends have played since launch and got one of our buddies to finally play. We are on a Brig and this isn’t his first time playing though he’d only played twice before. We encounter an overly aggressive sloop while we are doing a skull fort, and knowing how dangerous any ship can be, we start shooting at them. About 3 seconds after they docked their ship—really far away I might add—I shoot myself and land next to their sloop. That’s when I hear my crew mates say, without using their cannons, they somehow managed to reach our ship and after killing both my crew mates began to spawn kill them. If I hadn’t sank their ship I’m sure they never would have detonated any of the multiple gunpowder barrels we had on board to sink us. I’m positive they had to have cheated to reach our ship so quickly. Even the sword glitch doesn’t cover that much space, and despite both of them using snipers effectively, they reloaded at an absurd pace. Suspected cheating aside—unfortunately we didn’t grab their gamer tags—the spawn killing has got to stop. Being a pirate is more than acceptable. Losing is inherently part of this game, but camping out to just ruin someone’s experience for the sake of a few laughs instead of going ahead and destroying their ship is extraordinarily rude. And will turn off people to this game. I know it has turned my friend off. Has anyone else had similar experiences/have any advice on how to convince a person to retry playing a game they’ve had a bad experience with?

Views
1 out of 1