Can I use a custom avatar on the forums?

• Waaaayyyy back when I signed up for the forums, when they first launched, it seemed we needed to tie the login to our Xbox tag (at the time, I had to create one.)

This seemed to limit the selection of our forum avatars from a pre-defined list...

But these days, I see plenty of what I think to be custom uploaded avatars here on the forum.

Where can I change this? Here? On Xbox? On Microsoft? I've tried all of these (and have a custom avatar on my Microsoft account) but cannot get it to show up here.

Any help appreciated!

Views
  • @lethality1 If you open the Xbox App (if on PC) or scroll over to your Account settings on Xbox, you should be able to go to 'Customise', Choose A Gamerpic and use a custom picture.

Fairly sure you can do the same at Xbox.com.

• @triheadedmonkey Ah, thanks! That was the issue... it wasn't available at Xbox.com, but is inside of the Xbox application. For some reason :)

Thanks!

• On Xbox.com make sure you are signed in, click on your name/Gamertag in the top right corner and click on profile - customise - change Gamerpic

• @triheadedmonkey said in Can I use a custom avatar on the forums?:

On Xbox.com make sure you are signed in, click on your name/Gamertag in the top right corner and click on profile - customise - change Gamerpic

Yes, that's there, but no option to upload a custom pic there. When selecting change gamerpic, only a pre-defined list is available. Whereas on the Xbox app, the option to upload is available.

• @lethality1 huh....odd.... at least you got your pic changed! (and I learnt something! 🙂)

Views
5 out of 6