Technical Help!!

• Guys I really need help. I've download Sea Of Thieves on my Laptop and then moved the location of the game to my external harddrive so I could play it on my PC. Sadly the game doesn't show up in my apps and features. I can redownload it on my PC but that would take ages. Is there anyway anyone can help me? I have searched everywhere I could think of for answers. This is my last hope.

Views
  • You can try this:

Press Win + I to open the Settings panel. Then, click on the System button. Next, go to Apps & Features section and wait for Windows to determine the app size. Now, find the app that you want to move to another drive

• @luca-the-ripper I've already moved it to another drive. The problem is I need my new pc to pick up the game on that drive.

• I would think to browse the second drive, find the launch file, SoT.exe (or the like) right click and select shortcut/send to/pin to desktop.

Simple fix maybe, and provided your second drive keeps its drive letter, it should allow you to launch from the desktop icon instead of games area.

If the game loads but fails to load assets, crashes and whatnot, I would think a registry edit would be needed... if at all possible.

• Have you tried to plug your external hard drive to your PC and launch SoT from the windows Start menu?

• Alright, so if I'm understanding correctly you have an External Storage Device (USB HDD/Flash/SSD) that you downloaded the Game via your Laptop PC., which you've now connected to your Desktop PC, but it isn't appearing … correct?

I'm also assuming you have ISP Limited Bandwidth / Very Slow Connection Speed, meaning downloading again would take a rather lengthy time.

Now there are two Solutions here.
    First to keep in mind is that Applications are Installed / Stored / Associated with your Roaming Account … this means that Windows 10 will only recognise that it's available provided you're using the exact same account.

It's possible that either your Desktop and / or Laptop are using Local Accounts, instead of Roaming Accounts. Even if they are named the same, unless both are being signed into via your Microsoft (Xbox Live) Account., all Applications and Data will be in essence "Locked" only available to said Compute on which they were originally Downloaded / Created.

An easy way around this is actually to put the Storage Drive back on to the Laptop,. go to Settings -} Update & Security -} Delivery Settings -} Enable "All Downloads from other PCs" / "PCs on my Local Network"

This will mean that when Applications are Download only the Primary Download PC will actually need to Download / Update the Application, while those on the Network will instead download from said Source PC as opposed to from Online.

I do this for my Studio Office that has about 20 Devices (Surface Laptop, Tablets as well as Desktop PCs) running Windows 10... while we have a decent 300Mb/s Fibre Optic Line for the Office., the internal Network is 10Gb/s (which is just a tad faster)., but also it helps keep Bandwidth Down that keeps said connection out of the 'Fair Usage' Throttling that my ISP does during Prime Time (i.e. Work Hours).

As such we're looking at about 21GB Bandwidth to update all the Machines, instead of 320GB., which allows me to run a (much cheaper) Consumer Connection (£75/month) over a more expensive Small Business Hard Line (£300/month) which offers identical Bandwidth and Speed.

On older versions of Windows (8.1/8.0/7.0), we used to manually download the updates then individually update each machine; which took the better part of a weekend to perform a full update for all of them.

So said Feature of Windows 10, is exceptionally useful for Time and Cost Saving.
    As while sure, you still have to initialise the "Download"., Windows 10 itself will search the Network for any other Connected Windows 10 that already has the Application and just source it from there instead.

Now beyond this, the chances are the Application in question is currently Locked to the Installed Laptop PC.
    So by going to Settings -} System -} Storage -} Apps & Features
    Switch the Filter to "All Drives" (or the Removable Drive), then Search for 'Sea...' it should instantly discover Sea of Thieves.

Click it to Expand the Options, and select 'Advanced Options'
    Then hit "Reset" Application

It'll reauthenticate and redownload any corrupted elements, as well as creating a Start Menu Association which can then be pinned.

There is a 3rd Option., but as I wouldn't recommend it due to how it'll compromise the Security of your Computer... I won't delve into the details of how to do it here., but you should be able to find information of the "Software Vault" on the Microsoft Support Website if you need it.

This option however is really best used for Applications that are no longer Officially Supported or Installed via 3rd Party. Primarily things like Windows 8.x UWP that are no longer in the Microsoft Store.

• The game doesn't work for me

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
7 out of 8