War of Attrition

• My crew and I were running our gilded voyage from Duke last night. We were approaching Marauder's Arch in thick fog. The center beach cannon opened up on us and in trying to avoid it, we ran aground on the north western beach. We managed to repair, and move to the north side of the island to avoid being hit, then I went ashore and took out the skeleton manning the gun.

We went about digging up treasure then the skeleton ship music began. We couldn't see it because of the fog and just went about digging our treasure. Then, the fog lifted and the skeleton ship was sitting in the bay on the western side of the island. I swam to the beach cannon and opened fire. My crew boarded our ship, positioned themselves then fired upon the skeleton ship. In moments it sunk and we gathered up the loot.

As my crew was repairing the ship and I was digging up more of the treasure, a sloop came by and attacked. My crew got underway, leaving me on the shore to attack the sloop with the shore cannons. I eventually died by skeleton attacks and spawned as our ship made its way to galleon's grave. The sloop that started to follow us engaged another skeleton ship that was trying to follow us. After selling our treasure, we decided to end our night by ambushing the sloop that attacked us. We turned around and joined the skeleton ship in attacking the sloop. Using a ballast ball, a drunk ball and regular cannonballs, we sunk the sloop and the crew were attacked by sharks. We then proceeded to finish the fight the skeleton ship, expecting to be sunk at any moment. Somehow, we managed to survive and take out the skeleton ship.

But just as we dropped anchor to pick up the skeleton ship loot, the kraken appeared. My crew had no time to raise the anchor and drop the sails before we were pulled off the ship and our vessel sunk. In the end, we didn't lose much, just a few skulls from the skeleton ship but we did exact our revenge on the lone sloop that tried to take us out.

Views
  • @kiethblacklion nice tale mate

• @closinghare208 said in War of Attrition:

@kiethblacklion nice tale mate

Thanks. Once that Kraken showed up, we knew the night was over. We had no planks left, only a handful of cannonballs, and we were thrown about before we could get to the capstan to raise the anchor. But we had the satisfaction of sinking that sloop and finishing off the skeleton ship.

• @kiethblacklion ok

• Revenge best served cold ---Nice work

Views
4 out of 5