All in

• After our evening Athena cruises in Devil's Roar we had a ship full of supplies. Two skeleton ships, two galleons and a brigantine circled on the horizon. After we sank the skeleton ships, we noticed to be very near by a galleon that had just conquered a fort and was now robbing it.

Although we had some treasures on board ourselves, we would risk a total loss in case of an attack. That would be a treat for the winner. An open, sporty exchange of blows: the winner would get everything, the loser nothing. We wiped our mouths, spat in our hands and dared an attack. The battle weighed back and forth. Sometimes they entered us, sometimes we entered them. More than once we were able to beat back the surplus opponents or attack them in a devastating way. The decisive attack did not succeed us, nevertheless. But the victory was tangible. Just at the moment when we had boarded their ship and killed the entire crew - the ship had been repaired, but was full of water and just before sinking - our gunner fell overboard our ship. One or two more shots at their ship, and we would have won. Unfortunately, three people came back from the ferry of the damned. They didn't have to repair anything and overran me.

Now they were able to board and sink our ship. But I just came back when our ship was already sinking. Unnoticed, I was able to dive down, swim under their ship to the other side and get back on board of their ship. While the enemy cheered for our complete destruction, gathered at the railing to shoot one or two more cannonballs after our sinking ship, I sneaked into their cabin. As expected, there stood the mighty fortress explosive barrel, giving me a smile... I took it, set it on fire and tore the enemy out of their dreams with a huge explosion. Again on the ferry of the damned, I counted only two opponents. Damn, that meant there had to be two survivors.

Back aboard on a new ship, we hurried to the scene. We were curious, would the enemy ship have survived the explosion? It had not. But surviving enemies had used a rowboat to collect their and our treasures, or remnants thereof, and hidden them in the fort. We briefly overran the fort, expecting to find the rowing boat on the back - we didn't. Perhaps they had used the rowboat to bring the treasures to a nearby outpost? We were not further interested in the treasures, the galleon was allowed to collect all remaining profit.

The enemy galleon now reached the site of our first joint defeat, too. A fresh sloop on our part against a fresh galleon on their part - an interesting constellation. We exchanged more shots and hits, the Galleon seemed to have hidden parts of her treasure in the fort, because it remained stubbornly in its vicinity - if they did not have the desire to destroy the unruly opponent, now successfully and finally.

The rest is briefly told: we ran out of bullets, the morning dawned. We sank our ship and began to make music. The crew of the Galleone now took bloody revenge - on pirates making music. How brutal. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't find it as exciting and funny as we did?

Views
  • @goedecke-michel Great story! I think I would've reacted the same way as the galleon crew though. I always get nerveus when my treasures are in danger and in that moment I don't find it fun at all. But these things are what makes for great stories in the game and on the forums.

• @goedecke-michel nice story, love the part where you found the stronghold barrel

But why someone puts it in the captains quarter?

• I suppose it was an exciting, thrilling and ultimately successful adventure for the galleon. First they won the fort. But then, during the battle, they lost everything. A dramatic turn! I imagine their excitement and panic: Do we have a rowing boat? Who will take the rowing boat? Can we secure the treasures before they sink? Who will fetch the ship? Attention, the sloop returns!

In the end it turned out well for them. They have lost treasures, at the same time they have won our treasures.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun.

Views
1 out of 4