Sea of Thieves is not launching on Xbox One!

• Hello! for the past few days Sea of Thieves has not been launching for me on Xbox One and I have been unable to get into the main game.
    It starts off normally and goes into the main menu, after that when I go into a game it loads forever, then either knocks me off the game entirely or stutters and then goes off. I have checked the disc it is fine and not scratched. Xbox plays other games and in good condition.
    I can't get on Forsaken Shores or anything...after many failed attempts of getting on today one time I did manage to get onto the game online but I was all alone on the ship and then the game stalled again and threw me off. My Wifi is on and fully connected to Xbox One.
    Xbox Live has been saying it's been having issues on and off recently but i've also noticed that other people have started having this problem on PC.
    Is there a reason for this issue or am I going on it at a time when they are trying to update
    Please help, many thanks

Views
  • Ahoy there @realvillain01!

Sounds like an annoying problem to have. The only thing I can think of is that the game isn't updated to the latest version, that's at least what I have had before. The game will boot normally and when you try to set sail it'll just load forever and throw you back to the main menu. Maybe check for updates in the Games & Apps section. If that's not the issue you could try reinstalling or making a support ticket in the support section on this site. Hopefully you'll manage to fix it soon, good luck matey!

Signed,

Captain FishSt1ck

• @fishst1ck Aye. I reckon that's the case, i'll check it out and let you know if that's fixed anything ! Thanks !

• @realvillain01 said in Sea of Thieves is not launching on Xbox One!:

@fishst1ck Aye. I reckon that's the case, i'll check it out and let you know if that's fixed anything ! Thanks !

Hopefully that's it, I think it's a bit weird that it allows you to start the game when it's not updated.

• Ahoy, I have just checked and it looks like there are no updates ...
    However I did notice when I go onto the game there's only about 1 or 2 people online and sometimes when I connect there's no people online.
    It could be their side as a server issue or a holiday thing.....I'll try it again today and see if it works. My other games work fine but I haven't tried connecting any else to Xbox Live yet

• Hi there! Please be sure that if you experience issues getting into the game, that you raise a ticket with support. Our team can look into it for you. :)

• @lady-aijou I have good news ! It managed to work today. I was back on for a full hour and no issues reported. It must have been because of the update the other day in the end. Yay!

Views
6 out of 7