Dear PL who offered us an alliance

• I have some mixed feelings about what happend a couple of days ago.

My buddy and myself where slooping and did some gold hoarder voyages in the Devils Roar. We went to an island where an active vulcano was terrorizing the environment and saw 2 sloops and a brig side by side waiting for the vulcano to stop. We assumed they where in an alliance.

Since we where at our last island before calling it a night, we didn't had any plans to join the alliance so we stayed away from them.
    When the vulcano stopped, all 4 ships headed for the island. My buddy went to the island, and as usual i guarded the ship. However, i did a bad job and missed the 2 sloops were sailing around the island and showed up in front of us.
    I was in a little panic and sailed away as quick as possible! However, 2 very kind PL boarded me and offered me to join their alliance. Since i imagined i didn't had any choice i agreed and offered to help them kill the skellies they where doing.

In the meanwhile, i told my buddy and after he brought the last chest to our ship, he thought it was a good idea to visit the PL sloop. They had 2 ashen villanious skull on there ship.. We were done with our voyage and while i helped the 2 newly made friends with their quest, my buddy robbed them.. When he was done, i rushed back to our ship, sailed away and headed for galleons grave outpost. There we abbandoned our alliance and sold all our loot..

This was the most fun i had in the last weeks, but i kinda feel bad for it too..
    So dear PL, im sorry we betrayed you.. BTW, the 2 skulls sold for around 4k total so thnx! :)

Views
  • @ktingaling i tell you that is some mighty fine pirating you showed there.

The reason i never fully trust any person not from our crew on our ship, especially without permission.

Maybe because i am exactly the same way, if you ever meet me on the seas always keep an eye on me, no guarantees if i betray but you can better be safe then sorry

• @ktingaling nice story the only thing I don't like is: why didn't you stay in the alliance? Be a bit thankful and let them have a little money for theyre hard work 😉

• i guess staying in the alliance would gave you a legendary chest at the end and some more loot.for me the coop gaming is the most fun in the game, idk im a teamplayer would never betray a crew, i would go for pvp with my fleet ;).its a game n we have different playstyles its not a reason to feel bad.

• @ktingaling ohhhh you sneaky thieves!!! Ahahah well done!
    I can only imagine how those poor legends felt when they discovered.

This reminds me of a tale of my self.
    Where I robbed a poor soul by playing friendly.

We were bothe on Marauder's Arch. I sneak into his ship and raised the anchor while he was searching for treasures.

His ship eventually sunk by hitting some rocks. But I hide what he had and rushed to the island.

There, the fella came to us holding a chest and asked if we saw his ship.
    We said we did it sailing away from the island and that we thought someone was leaving

The poor guy offered his treasures and helped us finding ours because he couldn't travel with those through mermaid

We eventually felt sorry for it, he was a nice guy... But hey, gold is gold and we're pirates, right?... Right?!

Yeah the rest of the gaming session was a totally bad karma thing on us.. we deserved that.

• @callmebackdraft Haha, just a matter of good business ;)

@Schwammlgott Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the case you get only 80% of the money if you sell something if you are in a alliance?

@Weedstar-DeLuxe Yeah, they were on a Athena voyage, but it was already late and decided it was our last voyage. Otherwise we probbaly have stayed in for the athena indeed!

@NunoAzuldimeter haha i had a big smile on my face while reading your story xD Most of the times, karma finds it way tho :p

• @ktingaling said in Dear PL who offered us an alliance:

@callmebackdraft Haha, just a matter of good business ;)

@Schwammlgott Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the case you get only 80% of the money if you sell something if you are in a alliance?

@Weedstar-DeLuxe Yeah, they were on a Athena voyage, but it was already late and decided it was our last voyage. Otherwise we probbaly have stayed in for the athena indeed!

@NunoAzuldimeter haha i had a big smile on my face while reading your story xD Most of the times, karma finds it way tho :p

Unless it's been changed and I missed it, you get 100% of allied loot you turn in and all allied get 50%. You lose nothing by maintaining the alliance but may gain a little respect.

• @ktingaling As mentioned before, you get 100% of loot you turn in yourself and get 50% of loot turned in by others in the alliance, so you gain/lose nothing from leaving the alliance.

• @PumpkinKangaroo @octopus-lime
    Thank you! If i knew that before, we wouldn't leave the alliance before turning in the loot.
    That way the poor b******s only had lost 2k instead of 4k.. xD

I really don't know where i got the 80/50 percentage from.. but the 100/50 makes much more sense!

• @Ktingaling Good gosh, you sly son-of-a-skelly! I laughed at the ending. I thought you accidentally killed one of them or something, judging by your introduction. XP

Views
9 out of 10