Hacker or not ?

• Hi I'm pretty sure I encountered a hacker the other day but I didn't want to report them until I was sure. So I was up on one of the masts of an enemy ship, without them knowing I was there, I then shot the guy on the ships wheel four times with a flintlock and he didn't die, every shot hit and he ate no bananas between ? I have the clip recorded too, now I'm pretty sure that 4 shots from a flintlock is death ? Can any one confirm or deny this just so I know before reporting this person ?

Views
  • I would recommend reporting anyway.
    Hit registration can be wonky sometimes, but if they were on the wheel for all 4 shots with hit markers, it's worth a review.

If they didn't do anything wrong, then no harm done.

• @iisrgntwolfii all four shots had hit markers so ?

• @citezen-gavan
    I say go ahead and submit the report.
    Try to include as much detail, date/time/links to vid etc.

• I mean I have the whole clip recorded so yea they can review it and see I suppose. Ty anyway

• @citezen-gavan

Could just be a bug... have you successfully shot someone at the helm from the mast? I think it'd be the a tough shot with the waves and all.

Like standing on the mast and reading a riddle... first clue shows before you set feet on the shore :)

• @rayzback well no its an easy shot because the person isn't moving at all when they are on the wheel.

• As the others have stated above, i'm sure it was bad hit register. Happens all the time when you shoot from a moving ship.

You get hit markers, but the target doesn't seem to have taken any damage - this issue happens when the client thinks you hit your mark but the server doesn't.

You shoot at the target and get no hit markers, but the target still dies - this issue happens when the client think you've missed, but the server registered the shot as a succesful hit.

These issues happens in every multiplayer game.

• @citezen-gavan Sometimes hit markers show but don't register.

Views
1 out of 9