How is the game now?

• @aod-fluid That's not the point of what I said. I said "While it looks comically bad, it has a strong team behind it." What does this mean? Well, look at ARK's development process. They had patch, after patch, after patch, all with content additions, bug fixes and bug additions. However, they didn't need a pioneer program, they used the entire player division as their pioneers. Their development process was "Make it, release it." they did not test a single thing, it was up to the players to find the bugs that needed fixing.

Now, if you're going to tell me "It was horribly optimized." You will have to be more specific, as ARK ran pristine on some systems and horribly on others, welcome to computer gaming. It NEVER should of released on console, but hey, money is money I guess?

The point of what I was saying though? Atlas is the first of what would seem many clones or game's like SoT's that will try and fix what SoT failed on. Basically, they can look at SoT's release till now and see the complaints/feedback and make a game based on that, which, if done right, can and likely will siphon players to their game and then another game will do the same. Welcome to development! Happened to minecraft, league of legends, Counterstrike, etc. You have 1 good idea, make 1 mistake, one team fixes said mistake, releases another product with a different name and makes bank off your mistake.

• @zodemere said in How is the game now?:

@aod-fluid said in How is the game now?:

I am full expecting FS to be maybe two to five days worth of new content for most people... Yes, you can still do the things it adds afterwards, but like everything else in this game...once you do it once there is no real reason to do it over and over again.

We are getting tiny boats. We are getting cannonballs that are orange and rain down from the sky. We are getting inanimate pigs. I don't see much else coming with this update.

Dang u are generous, i figure maybe a day or 2 then back to the 3 voyage types, pigs 2.0 & your new tiny boat. I' predict they are gonna keep lowering tthe prices of things, make it easier & easier 2to get to PL / Athena 10, lower the commedations & title requirements to where you simply log into the game, offer exclusive ttime limited things like figureheeadss to make the casuals happy, make it easier to get goold & make voyages easier <cough cough PIGS 2.0>.

I was generous...but I developed my numbers by way of scientific guessing... and the claim that this is the "largest update ever!"

• @kashaarafall said in How is the game now?:

@aod-fluid That's not the point of what I said. I said "While it looks comically bad, it has a strong team behind it." What does this mean? Well, look at ARK's development process. They had patch, after patch, after patch, all with content additions, bug fixes and bug additions. However, they didn't need a pioneer program, they used the entire player division as their pioneers. Their development process was "Make it, release it." they did not test a single thing, it was up to the players to find the bugs that needed fixing.

I picked up what you were putting down man. I just threw my opinion on how that will go based on what I have seen ARK do. :)

Now, if you're going to tell me "It was horribly optimized." You will have to be more specific, as ARK ran pristine on some systems and horribly on others, welcome to computer gaming. It NEVER should of released on console, but hey, money is money I guess?

It was horribly optimized, but if people bothered to read they would have gotten it to run at least moderately well. My machine was build in 2011 and is just at 8 years old now (it was built in September). ARK runs like absolute garbage on this machine...but with settings (some in game, and some tweaks in Nvidia drivers that should NOT need to be made) it runs almost full speed with almost no loss of quality. If I make the "good" tweaks in Nvidia, ARK runs lime-green, and I cannot see anything. I have to go into advanced options for Nvidia and change the way things are done in a setting that should never really be touched by a user... found that via googling after I got it to turn green. lol. In the end, I was able to play ARK on Ultra settings...with 50-60 fps...which is great for this machine.

The point of what I was saying though? Atlas is the first of what would seem many clones or game's like SoT's that will try and fix what SoT failed on. Basically, they can look at SoT's release till now and see the complaints/feedback and make a game based on that, which, if done right, can and likely will siphon players to their game and then another game will do the same. Welcome to development! Happened to minecraft, league of legends, Counterstrike, etc. You have 1 good idea, make 1 mistake, one team fixes said mistake, releases another product with a different name and makes bank off your mistake.

What I do think will happen is they will just target ARK at an audience that Rare is not taking advantage of. That audience is the one that will stick around for the longest. Social and Casual gamers will be done with this way before other players...unless Rare pushes the other groups out, as they seem to be doing.

• Haha “Ark” lol. Now that’s an unfinished game for 60 bucks

• @aod-fluid said in How is the game now?:

@zodemere said in How is the game now?:

@aod-fluid said in How is the game now?:

I am full expecting FS to be maybe two to five days worth of new content for most people... Yes, you can still do the things it adds afterwards, but like everything else in this game...once you do it once there is no real reason to do it over and over again.

We are getting tiny boats. We are getting cannonballs that are orange and rain down from the sky. We are getting inanimate pigs. I don't see much else coming with this update.

Dang u are generous, i figure maybe a day or 2 then back to the 3 voyage types, pigs 2.0 & your new tiny boat. I' predict they are gonna keep lowering tthe prices of things, make it easier & easier 2to get to PL / Athena 10, lower the commedations & title requirements to where you simply log into the game, offer exclusive ttime limited things like figureheeadss to make the casuals happy, make it easier to get goold & make voyages easier <cough cough PIGS 2.0>.

I was generous...but I developed my numbers by way of scientific guessing... and the claim that this is the "largest update ever!"

So true that this will be the LARGEST DLC to date so yea its gotta entertain for moree than a few days!!!

Views
39 out of 40