PC version keeps crashing!!!??

• Every since the newest update (last week) The PC version of this game keeps crashing!! It happens about every 10-15 mins. I have updated drivers (tried old drivers). I even downgraded the graphics in the game to common. This need to be fixed asap

Views
  • So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled so far no more crashes....

• never mind just crashed smh!!!!

• @commanderatwar Dang, what a pain.

Although it can get frustrating to say he least, my PC would simply shut down whilst playing SoT, but you need to think what else have you recently installed as it's a conflict that is so far only on your system.
    Perhaps rollback to a previous system restore point and try the update again.

With mine it was an over-heating issue for my poor 1Gb onboard graphics but since adding another fan to the case it hasn't crashed.

If you like you can contact Rare support in the link below.
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?flash_digest=9e5bca80c36e850587fda59c1bc3a94889174cff

• I just started playing again last week, but I am experiencing the same issues. Every 15 - 20 minutes the game just crashes. If I'm lucky I can join the session before it crashes for my friend, but sometimes it just crashes for us both at the same time.

• Has nothing to do with my PC. I did not download anything to make it crash either. This also happens to my friend that has a gaming laptop. I haven't been on in a few days. I'm gonna jump on now and see if the game still crashes.

• My wife was having the exact same issue whenever we played together. Crashes happening about every 10-15 minutes. Spent about a week in touch with the tech support sending all sorts of reports ranging from specs to what we were doing before the game crashed on us. Formatted her SSD twice, no dice. Cleaned the Windows Store cache by the way of wsreset, nothing.

That's when it occurred to me to do a full check up using various diagnosis tools to single out the issue and see exactly where it was located in case it was hardware. Turns out the crashes were caused by a faulty memory stick. Removed it and she's been able to play the game smoothly since then.

The crashes started out of nowhere, with no signs of affecting Windows 10 at all. When they first appeared, I could swear they were directly related to the game, but I was wrong. You might want to do a check-up on your hardware just to make sure that's not the root cause. Try running mdsched.exe (Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool) with your memory sticks in case you're running dual or quad-channel and then try running the test again with each of your sticks. That's how I found out the issue on her computer.

Hope this helps.

Views
6 out of 7