Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !

• @dumbdrunkpirate said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

@aod-fluid said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

@personalc0ffee said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

@aod-fluid said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

Except all of those things could be accomplished by radial menu.

This in particular needs to be addressed...

While there is and was currently additional room for more items, it is not DEVELOPLY feasible to just keep adding things to a radial menu and then add extra pages for said items.

There could be over 20 new food items coming to the game. The radial ONLY has room for 8 items at a time. That means an additional 3 MORE pages are required and that was just for food, doesn't include instruments, ingredients, ammo types, etc.

This is not good design

"Well just add more a menu onto food for say pineapple so when I go to banana, I can just select banana and hold a button, to pop up a radial context menu and select pineapple."

The problem with this is again MORE pages and MORE clutter as you add more things. From what I can gather, the design idea for the new UI is for reducing clutter and preparing for things being added for the future so that they have the space, resources, and adaptability to add them without being restricted by an older and outdated UI.

I suspect we are going to see massive change to the radial menu here in the future.

After all, why do we have an Equipment menu when all we have equipped is in the radial?

I will make a prediction in this very thread regarding that very point. Our Radial is going to be customizable in the future.

It is not good idea to shove everything you own in an unsortable, barely usable box... the radial system is EXACTLY the same except in presentation, and the fact that everything is already sorted and in a static place. Learning how many button presses it takes to get a specific item out of the radial is a lot better than scrolling through 40+ items looking for the one you need with your eyeballs. I would rather learn F-F-F-move-the-mouse-or-stick-up-and-press-a-key.

That action is infinitely faster than the system implemented.

Too you it is better, but you are not the only player. You folks really need to get over this me me me stuff. It's childish, I happen to like the change, I think it needs some work, but I like it. And no clicking through 40 pages of the radial is NOT gonna be faster. If you really think so, then I have a bridge to sell you..

Learning what is on each page is, again, infinitely faster than scrolling through an ever-changing inventory and finding something visually.

F,F,F,UP+LEFT and release F

Not sure what that translates to on a controller...

much faster than "let's see...where is it? not there, let's scroll down some. hmm. where is it? hmm... oh there it is!"

• @mr-dragon-raaar
    Weird that you’ve never heard of such terms before but here you are belittling others on a word you just heard about. Can’t a hardcore person just someone passionate about what they like? Be it life, games or how about sports or politics it’s all about passion of what a person deems worthy of his or her time spent.

• @inboundbomb Passions are great, but not when you use those passions to categorise others and belittle them so you feel better about yourself.

The majority of this thread has issues with changes the Developers made, yet certain members of the community are using that as an excuse to group players who don’t fit there own idealogical playstyles and attack them for it.

• @knifelife
    Passions are great indeed but only to those that share those same passions are on their own terms and get categorized and criticized themselves by what they love. Unfortunately they can also do harm to others not having the same passion that they have for said things. This will never change due to people having an opinion to express.

• @inboundbomb I get the feeling we are both saying the same thing lol

I personally just hate stereotypes, I don’t agree or believe in them and try my uttermost best not to use or associate anyone with them. I’ve found it’s better to see the player or person as an individual.

Nothing good ever comes out of grouping IMO:)

• @knifelife
    We probably both are. Lol. I have a question for you then. Do you ever have to say the quote “that’s a grey area”?

• @inboundbomb I have done yeah, I don’t think about games but I recall using the term: “That’s a morale grey area”

• @knifelife
    Not going with a morale standpoint but thank you.

• @knifelife
    It is harder to be an individual and be seen as such for sure.

• @inboundbomb It’s definitely something I always try and figure out, I find it to be abit of a paradox and contradictory but there is truth in it.

On a human level we are all the same mostly, yet on a conscious level we are all individuals to an extent.

I think everyone is guilty of stereotyping we do it without thinking but my personal opinion is it’s better when you don’t. This thread I find is a good example of why it’s bad, you have lines being drawn in the sand so to speak and they are being used to divide us and cause splits.

• To make this game great again will depend on Rare and how they improve the future of this game. As for now the UI is broken when sailing on trying to get supplies. As for the other things as

1- food types..... not needed personally other than to give aesthetics to the game. They should function the same as bananas on gaining health.

2- fishing rod can go in the wheel and no bait needed to buy. Not a fishing sim here.

3- cooking - materials stored in the stove where you do the cooking and nowhere else. Even the foods created should stay in said place or on person.

4- CC’s are a different mechanic that I yet don’t like nor do I hate them. They have positive and negative reactions to players and Rare has to make the call in the end.

• @knifelife
    I try to remember that there are 2 sides to every story and the truth is in between them both.

• @inboundbomb Yeah it’s tricky because they are so secretive with upcoming content plans it always makes things so worse.

They have told us that we need the new UI (which I personally like) for future content. And yet they haven’t expressed what and why so it’s left to the community to guess and argue untill they eventually tell us and the puzzle finally comes together for better or worse.

It’s one of there biggest weaknesses they just don’t inform there player base, it happened with the launch content and caused a c**p storm and it’s slightly happened again. Everyone’s up in arms on multiple sides arguing different points with no facts and it just gets messy. It could all be avoided if they was just open with us.

• @v**a-hombre said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

@combatxkitty

I thought perhaps I'd sit somewhere in the middle.

"Softcore"?

..... maybe not.

lol , omg all this hardcore stuff it totally reminding me of.......not going to say it!

Seems to me some of these self proclaimed "hardcore" players seem to think only their opinions should count or that they are the most knowledgeable because they play 8 hours or more everyday or because this is the only game they play but I think neither are true.

First off you can play this game "causally" 10 hours a week or "hardcorely" 10 hours in one day for a week and basically know everything you need to about the game. Lets be honest its not like there is that much stuff in this game to master or understand.

As far as the "harcore" gamer being who Rare should care most about because they play the game the most hours well that doesnt mean squat. I may not play so much that I qualify for the elite "hardcore" status but I have purchased Rare items that pertain to SOT , taken part in live stream events, give aways such a the Chips AHoy thingy so Rare should care very much about my opinion and others like me since we have invested time and money into their product.

Basically though I don't want to be labeled anything, im just a gamer.

• I disagree. For me Sea of Thieves is a great game and devs are listening to all feedback.

If you want to see a disaster, go check the latest Elite Dangerous Gnosis event and you will understand what’s a bad game (no communication, don’t listen to feedback, etc.)

• @nic727 sagte in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

If you want to see a disaster, go check the latest Elite Dangerous Gnosis event and you will understand what’s a bad game (no communication, don’t listen to feedback, etc.)

Weird, if I read some news about it, the developers did communicate about some hostile forces (Just not in the painfully obvious way, like "You'll be attacked") - yet the players chose to ignore it and thus got blasted in their ill-fitted ships.

In that case, I'd say that only the players screwed up.

• @mr-dragon-raaar said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

@inboundbomb @KnifeLife explains it well.

All I can add is that adults (or so they say) that have tantrums on a gaming forum because they are not getting their own way deserve all the ridicule they get.

Is it wrong to complain about progress in the game was stripped away and for no reason ?

• @eibedionysos29 Wait did the ship get blown up?? Pmsl I’m hiding in there with my weaponless ASP wondering why I thought it was a good idea to board in the first place xD

• @mr-dragon-raaar Yeppp same! HMS MATT DAMON is a lover not a fighter xD

• Hear hear!

• @v**a-hombre said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

Dear Rare,

I want my sloop to transform into a mech.

I laughed so hard that my screen now wears my coffee. Thanks.

• I keep on hearing the game is on its death bed, or dead already. Yet, each new week, I end up having new adventures, and still have fun. Occasionally I find that some of the new glitches do wear me down a bit, but I pick myself up, take stock of the fun I have had and push forward. And to my complete amazement, I end up having even more fun and create even more new adventures. Adventures I would not find in any other game. I have met tons of new people, and even played side by side with people I have kind of known through these forums for some time now @KnifeLife. Do I have an adventure worth writing about every time I play, no, that would be unrealistic. Do I like everything about the game, no, I really, really want to be able to buy a stocked ship instead of finding my own supplies, but that doesn't keep me from the game. Generally speaking, the only people that leave the game in anger failed long ago to realize that this game is more than what their narrow vision saw it for. It is not just a PvP game. It is not just a PvE game. It is a wonderful playground where every day a different adventure waits. And some days, the outcome of that adventure is a sunk ship, lost loot, or even dealing with a toxic player or players. But it is always different, and the best part is, when I play, I am not the only person that influences that adventure. Even if I go solo, everyone in the same server has the potential to influence my gaming experience. Game mechanics are what they are, add to them or take them away, that is only a small part of what creates that adventure. The overall experience and adventure is the sum of all parts in this game. And because all of it can change the direction of my adventure, it makes me want to come back for more, and see what today's adventure might be.

So rather than say, make the game great again, why not go in, get used to the changes and find new ways to make more adventures. Surely every game you have played has something you don't like about it.

• @nofears-fun said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

So rather than say, make the game great again, why not go in, get used to the changes and find new ways to make more adventures. Surely every game you have played has something you don't like about it.

Logging on and trying to "make a new adventure" would require having to use the broken new barrel UI to supply up a ship. I was happy working on the Skull Fort achievement but that is gone now. I could go PVP but skill has been replaced with random CCB's. I guess you just don't get it.

• @trickrtreat01 said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

I guess you just don't get it.

They just don't get it, man!

Nobody gets it!

alt text

Logging on and trying to "make a new adventure" would require having to use the broken new barrel UI to supply up a ship. I was happy working on the Skull Fort achievement but that is gone now. I could go PVP but skill has been replaced with random CCB's. I guess you just don't get it.

Lol, the UI is usable if clunky. And will get better. CCB’s do not replace skill. I didn’t lose a single ship this past weekend while using very few CCB’s myself. In fact even my CCB use didn’t determine the outcome. I had well over 15 encounters this weekend and lost our ship only twice. Both times were not the result of CCB use. And the rest we sunk without the ones we did use being any kind of factor. Mostly because I am just too lazy to scroll through a menu to find them and load them. And we went up against several “hard core” pvper’s. Heck we were even out manned 4 to 2 or 3-2. Will I lose because of them some day. Probably. When it does I will simply say well done and come back to sink them.

@nofears-fun said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

The only reason I am for having the CCB's in the game is because they make for great decor. Put four of those babies in the cannons , diff colors and now you have one fabulous looking ship.

I do find them to be an odd addition because I could have sworn the creators of SOT wanted an even playing field and that is why weapon upgrades are only customization skins. However I guess one can argue that everyone has an equal chance of obtaining these magical balls.

• It actually sounds like you need to adapt. SoT will continue to add and improve aspects of the game. They seem to be listening to their players just fine.

• 100% agree. I had been playing this game every night since release and also whatever chance I had during the beta. I thought for sure it would be my personal game of the year. Now that I get stuck dancing, sleeping, or vomiting during ship battles or get shot dead because I'm busy in a barrel, the game has become unenjoyable and corny. Honestly don't think I've turned it on in over a week. Bought the digital copy, so I can't sell it to GameStop. I'll check back every now and then to see if it improves but I fear the direction it is going. Rare should have maybe released their micro transaction plans out before chasing away a large portion of their fans. I for one could care less anymore. We can complain till our faces turn blue, but we all know the inevitable truth. They're not going to go back. I fear more gimmicky plans are headed our way. Wish they would allow the option to play with or without this new version. Or how about when everyone leaves you for Red Dead Redemption 2, you give us back our Sea of Theives. This now is not the Sea of Theives I decided to spend $60 on. That has been stolen from me. So yes, I'm a bit salty

• Cursed Cannon Balls are the worst thing to arrive in SOT and I hope they are not here to stay because if they are sticking around I will not.

• @seamus-hound said in Dear Rare, Make SoT Great Again !:

Or how about when everyone leaves you for Red Dead Redemption 2, you give us back our Sea of Theives.

Wait... which one is that again?

• Today my goal is to become legendary. Once legendary, I would need another overall goal to keep feeling invested. I play a lot of solo and I enjoy but without a goal, I will drop ...

[Mod edited]

Views
135 out of 136