Can't Play - Unable to sign in to Xbox Live

• Anybody else having this issue right now?

Views
  • I had trouble earlier in the day. Xbox Live services were down then. Maybe they're down again?

• @genuine-heather Yeah same here. Been trying for a while now and keep getting asked to log in, time and time again. :/

• Shiver me timbers!

• Same here, glad to know it's not just me!

• Finally made it in. Whew!

• Strange. No trouble here for the past two hours, but i have not been on the seas. Just fired up the game and it loaded in open crew galleon.

Glad you made it online. Enjoy the seas!

• @d-jaguar PC or Xbox?

• Just tried myself, didn't work at first.. second attempt a few minutes later on the xbox app and I'm in... barely... friends aren't being listed... but I'm in.... for now.

Shows it's still an issue overall, though reports have diminished since a few hours ago.

• @genuine-heather I loaded it on xbox. I have been playing Super Mega Baseball all night without trouble. Loaded Sea of Thieves to test it for all of you in case it was only trouble with the game, but I saw you made it online.

• @d-jaguar Yeah it seems to have been a PC only problem. We're in now though. Yay!

• @genuine-heather we need to be on xbox live on PC to play Sea of Thieves?
    I thought I have loaded it without loading the xbox app.

Have fun storming the skull fort.

• Still no luck for me. :/

Might try a reboot.

• error (0xbba)

• Still cant get in due to unable to login to EggBox Live, its been like this all day BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• @d-jaguar said in

we need to be on xbox live on PC to play Sea of Thieves?

Apparently so.

I tried the app first (it wouldn't load) then closed it and later tried the game icon. This was the result.
    https://streamable.com/qwhdr

It's been like this (for me) for at least 12 hours and it still won't work.

• @admiral-rrrsole was there an update to the xbox app?
    Past solutions aren't pretty. Starting with remove the xbox app and then reinstall it.

• regardless of using the Xbox App or not, Sea of Thieves uses Xbox Live services and Xbox Live (Microsoft) Accounts.

If Xbox Live is having an issue, then it can effect Sea of Thieves.

Someone pointed out last night that there was apparently some 'weather' that impacted a Microsoft data centre somewhere in the states. May or may not have been the root.

• Was all Microsoft btw... I had other business products failing yesterday...because... Microsoft.

The combination of the way this game is being developed and Microsoft will probably end up turning into coffin nails before this is done.

Sad because I have sunk so much into this game.

Views
15 out of 19