The trust is gone...

• So... Yes I've probably been complaining way too much on Twitter. Yes I know it's just a game. I probably sounds like a cry baby but please bear with me and see my irks below and let me know your thoughts.

• When they broke the Athena mission previously in June, Rare came back and apologized saying they hope to ensure that something like this never happens again. Fair enough these things happen but barely a month later...

• They apologized for not acknowledging the Pioneer feedback which reported these bugs in advance.

• The BIG one.. They then released the update anyway which tells me that they didn't care and it really annoys me that hey receive praise for stating they are working h*****n the fixes. People say Rare is great no other company would come back so quickly. Well my view is that no reputable company would release something like this in the 1st place. Or am I just daft?

• They state that they have a hot fix for pigs and Athena missions and this will be rolled out over the next few hours. Around 9 hours later after people waste their time and complain, Rare comes out and says that they only spent the day investigating and we'll see where we are on Monday? That's unacceptable no?

-When they extended the skeleton event by a week "because they felt it was the best thing to do for the players"... NO! Because it was the best thing for them to try and by time to work on this cesspool of an update.

I'm just annoyed because of my situation. The family are away on holiday and I join them on Tuesday (Can't wait!) So I set aside this time to reach Athena level 10 by Monday which was in my sights. Not in place of the 5 days I needed It's going to take 3 weeks to achieve. I just have no interest in the new event whatsoever now.
    This has left such a sour taste in my mouth I don't trust anything that comes out of Rare atm. Yes I may be overacting and i know there is nothing I can do and I accept that. But someone should be held accountable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who set personal targets for this weekend?

Views
  • Sorry for all the typos...

• @jonoz1982
    Hey,

while I agree with some points of what you've said, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you've never worked on a game. Much less an online game, that's already live.

It's not as easy to make changes, however small, as it may seem. You should also remember, that asking for some reprecusions against anyone involved is not cool at all. Most of the people, who make games for a living, are doing it because they really love it, not just for money. Comments like that only take away a bit of the motivation for those who were involved.

Should they be a bit more careful with future updates? absolutely. Should people get fired or something over this? No.

• @sir-lotus Thanks. No experience and didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Rare are just like you and me....human. Humans are renown or notorious , whatever word you like to choose , to make mistakes.You have to be aware that they have multiple builds running from Sea of Thieves , you have their version, where they bring new stuff in, the Pioneers version and the one we play, probably even more where we don't have a clue from....
    Many of them, maybe all have flaws and bugs...It 's also a hard method of bringing the game towards the player, every time a new DLC comes out , then a whole lot of the mechanics became added , and new stuff on PC's or consoles can also bring unseen bugs with them....Have you seen how Mr Joe and Mr Mike were startled when the " set sails on stupid" was told to them? They sometimes stumble on bugs that they weren't aware of....We see the total product and not the many frustrating hours of trying to get rid of a bug that while trying to get rid of it ,influences and alters a lot of other gameplay elements...They are also with some 200, and not everyone is involved in the creating process , and like every other person , they too have a right on a weekend...i know you feel bad ,when you can't play on Thuesday and so many others feel bad too...Don't worry , i'm in the same boat , i don't dare to start a Merchant mission because the cry of the pigs cuts through bone and marrow, but this weekend , i just try to make the best of it and ....Next week, i'm pretty sure that Rare will update the game so we all can enjoy the game at the fullest and maybe they make this week challenge a week longer so you still can catch up with the commendations you can't get this week...

i know it's all frustrating, and frictionous to see your beautiful game being mangled by some gamebreaking bugs ,but try to make the best of it , knowing and still trusting Rare ,they will fix this as fast as possible , after the weekend...i even think that more than a few programmers are already breaking their heads on how to fix them and where they have slipped in the code...

Do not underestimate their pride ,and honour about this game...Everybody should have a chance to speak to one of the developers , not only the Big Cannons Like Mr Mike, Mr Joe, Mr Andrew, Mrs Shelly or Mrs Parker to name the most renown, but also to those programmers that work in the shadow with the same passion, dedication and pride...They will fix this ...It just takes some time...Have patience , and try to put your dissapointment aside ...The moment you become dissapointed , frustrated then it's very easy to throw this game in the corner and never pick it up , but then you will miss out on heaps of fun still coming to you when they have repaired their game again , in this coming week...

Hold fast , keep strong and follow the Captain to the end , whatever that end may be,....we sometimes say....

• @sir-lotus That is such a cop out of an excuse for this. "Games are hard, we should forgive them for constantly releasing bugs." I'm sorry, but any reputable software company has tentpole QA procedures in place to ensure that the core of their software does not degrade on updates. These bugs weren't things like getting frame rate drop on certain islands for certain systems, which are edge cases. These bugs affect core aspects of the game across the board for everyone. There is no excuse for that. It doesn't matter how much these people love this game, which is becoming more doubtful considering how sloppy they are with it. There is no excuse that justifies what has happened besides incompetence or laziness. You can choose, but I think it is a mixture of both.

Views
6 out of 7