Concerned that new Barrel interface will impede flow?

• Just logged in to check out the update and was immediately stuck by the change to the barrel interface. Don't get me wrong, I think the new system is definitely a step in the right direction. However what concerns me is the potential that the new interface will drastically impede the flow of the game in intense situations. It could be that I have yet to get used to the new system but I feel like it will likely result in a fury of avoidable deaths. For example, while battling a skeleton fort it is vital to keep moving as well as staying stocked up on bananas, to avoid being executed by a firing squad of angry eye of reach wielding skeletons! Or perhaps you are running out of air while stocking up from a shipwreck, being held in place by an interface could waste valuable time.

I feel like these situations could be easily avoided if a few changes where made to the system. My original idea was to included dedicated barrels like found on ships that use the old system, scatted around various places like skeleton forts and islands. That way you know for sure that what you are looking for will be located in that barrel and that you can easily grab it and run.

However the inclusion of a take all feature would probably be much easier to implement and allow for a quick grab and run. The only downside I see to this option is that you will likely be picking up multiple items so how will the game prioritise which item to equip?

What do you guys think of the new interface? Do you think they should alter it or should we just get used to it?

Views
  • @expoalt Hey mate! Your post will probably be closed soon. This is a hot topic at the moment, so a [Mega Thread] has been made.

Repost your entire post here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/71378/mega-thread-barrel-2-0

Smooth sailing :)

• @expoalt

Your impressions and feedback are very much appreciated, but it would be really helpful for us if you could post also in the mega thread, I'll close this one down now as we'd like to keep comments all in one place for ease of access, unless you'd prefer this one to be left open, if so let a Deckhand know :)

Views
2 out of 3