Game download size more than 135GB?

• I'm downloading the game. On the info page, before i buy it, i read that needs like 20GB to download. Now on the store app, my download is 129.3GB / 135.6GB. The size always increases. It this normal?? Thanks!

Views
  • @drbullhammer Yes, if i do this, the max size increases and continues the download. It's the 2nd day downloading lol

• I also went through this, along with a friend of mine, when Sea of Thieves was in beta and launched. It's a result of the download failing but the service not recognizing it. The way I solved this was by cancelling the download, closing the store, and running wsreset from the start menu. It takes a few minutes but it will reopen the store when it's done. Restart your PC afterwards and restart the download. It should work from there. If not, there are other troubleshooting steps you can find out there (I can't remember what they are precisely, but my buddy had to go through a few more hoops). I'll see if I can dig some of those additional steps up when I get home.

• @drunkpunk138 I did the steps you wrote and nothing changed. Now it's 142.6GB of 153.7GB :/

• @fanax85 said in Game download size more than 135GB?:

@drunkpunk138 I did the steps you wrote and nothing changed. Now it's 142.6GB of 153.7GB :/

You would need to cancel the current download before doing it, I'm afraid, which would result in having to re-start the entire download. if you have done that, then you have awesome internet that I greatly underestimated lol. I'll definitely see what I can dig up in regards to additional steps to try once I get home.

• @drunkpunk138 So i have to delete the files from the (another) hdd that im installing and try again from the begining? Wow..

• @drunkpunk138 btw i deleted all files (both on c: and f: (f=game folder chose to download sea of thieves) and store keeps downloading from 148.1GB of 153.7GB

@drunkpunk138 btw i deleted all files (both on c: and f: (f=game folder chose to download sea of thieves) and store keeps downloading from 148.1GB of 153.7GB

That is very strange. Simply running the wsreset itself should have stopped the download I do believe, but even if deleting the files hasn't restarted the download I suspect something more major may be wrong with your windows store and contacting support might be the best option.

• @drunkpunk138 I managed to "reset" the download through regedit. Now SOT started from the beginning. Right now it's 6.82GB of 28.44GB. I hope it will be finished correctly. Thanks for your time :)

@drunkpunk138 I managed to "reset" the download through regedit. Now SOT started from the beginning. Right now it's 6.82GB of 28.44GB. I hope it will be finished correctly. Thanks for your time :)

Awesome, I hope it works out this time! Good luck! :)

• @drunkpunk138 Yes, it worked. Just if i can help anyone else, here is the solution to "reset" the download from the store and begin a new one.

1. Close store
    2. Click start
    3. Search "Services"
    4. Find "Windows Update"
    5. Right click - Stop
    6. Open file explorer and go to: C:\Windows directory
    7. Right click on "SoftwareDistribution" folder
    8. Rename it to: "SoftwareDistribution.OLD"
    9. Go back on the services app
    10. Right click on "Windows Update" and Start.
    11. Open Store and start the download again.
  • @fanax85

Really appreciate you posting the solution and glad you solved it, thanks!

• @katttruewalker Thanks. I don't like anyone to have this issue, so i prefer to share it :D

• @fanax85 Thanks dude you finally fixed it for me!

• Tnx for your help sir!

• @fanax85 Worked perfectly cheers mate.

Views
15 out of 16