Is There An Easier Way to Complete Merchant Alliance Voyages?

• I tend to avoid doing the merchant alliance voyages as they require finding items and sailing to a specific outpost. I would have thought that they would have given you traps/crates to collect the animals or items in but unless they spawn at the outpost you have to deliver the items or animals to then you have to go and find those as well and all of this on a time limit!

Is there an easier way to do these voyages? Normally I just sell gunpowder barrels to get the reputation up but that does nothing for the commendations.

Views
  • When you accept or begin a Merchant's Alliance voyage, you can collect crates from the Merchant Alliance officer at any outpost. You do not need to sail around to find the crates, you just need to go to the nearest outpost to collect them and bring them aboard.

Additionally the Forsaken Shores update on September 19 is introducing a new voyage type for the Merchant's Alliance which will require you to bring crates of rum, cloth, or plants from one place to another, each with their own requirements to get the most value from your delivery.

Hope this helps! See you on the seas!

• Collect the cages and cancel the mission. Repeat this a couple of times. Then catch some gold and black animals and other colors but mainly black and gold. If the island is out of animals your entire crew has to go to the ferry of the damned and the animals will respawn. Then go to an outpost an cancel missions until you have a mission with a lot of gold ones. And sell them.

• There may not be an “easier” way but there are more efficient ways.

One is the Noah’s Ark Technique

Also; the Forsaken Shores release promises to include new types of merchant quests that do Not involve collecting animals from the wild. They will have their own difficulties though, as the cargo will need care to keep its value.

• Exactly as whats been posted, but, I wanted to add to focus on snakes and chickens since pigs will take all your Bananas.
    I would simply fill my boat up with gold and black chickens and snakes all from Crooked Masts then spend the next hour sailing to outposts selling my expensive animals.

• @badrobott said in Is There An Easier Way to Complete Merchant Alliance Voyages?:

When you accept or begin a Merchant's Alliance voyage, you can collect crates from the Merchant Alliance officer at any outpost. You do not need to sail around to find the crates, you just need to go to the nearest outpost to collect them and bring them aboard.

Additionally the Forsaken Shores update on September 19 is introducing a new voyage type for the Merchant's Alliance which will require you to bring crates of rum, cloth, or plants from one place to another, each with their own requirements to get the most value from your delivery.

Hope this helps! See you on the seas!

Thank you for the information. Just to clarify, if I took on a voyage at Daggertooth Outpost the crates would spawn at Golden Sands Outpost, yes? (Just using those two as an example).

• @x-n7-117-x It doesn't matter where you start the voyage or where the voyage needs to be delivered, you can collect the crates from the Merchant's Alliance officer at any of the outposts. For instance, if you have a voyage in your voyage inventory and begin that voyage in the middle of the sea, you can sail to the nearest outpost, collect your crates from the officer, and then collect any animals you need on your way to the outpost they need to be delivered to.

So using your example - if you begin a voyage at Daggertooth, simply go to the Merchant's Alliance officer on the dock there, collect your crates, then sail toward Golden Sands collecting the animals along the way.

• @badrobott Ah, I see. Thank you very much. You have been very helpful.

Views
7 out of 8