#SorryNotSorry to the Galleon we wrecked

• Yup another typical tale of two guys on a sloop looking for things to do other than play shark roulette! There we were, sailing around taking the long way around on an Athena's voyage my pal and I. Seriously, we took forever, dug up every chest, picked up and cashed in every message in a bottle (and there were MANY) and so on. We spotted a skull fort with at least 2 islands left to complete. Not accounting for Messages we'd continue to find. We did all of 'em and all that was left was the Athena's chest. Yet the skull fort remained.

We figured, heck let's finish the fort quick and THEN get the chest since we were destined to be at Old Faithful and the Fort was at Shark Fin or whatever it's called. So, we did just that, a quick loot turn in later we were on our way. But 'lo, when we got to Old faithful we spotted a brigantine trying to take it on. Not knowing if we were dealing with a party that was new and was taking forever or what not, we chose to let them alone and grab our chest. As we sailed by to turn in, a "Wild Galleon Appeared" to harass the Brigantine. Poor kiddos, they're bout to be jumped! So we felt our inner super hero rise within us and we decided to finish our turn in and go see if we could save the day. Sadly, our greed cost them valuable time and we arrived late.

So in good order we took a couple of passes and sank the Galleon. We felt bad at the alacrity of our assault so we just kept on sailing to Marauder's Arch to complete another message in the bottle leaving the SkullFort for the Brigantine, merrily. The Brigantine never returned.

But the Galleon sure did. They spotted us at Marauder's and charged long towards us. We planted a couple of flimsy holes in their bow as they tried, and failed, to ram. The wind in our faces we just kept sailing to turn in our crud booty. The veered off and sailed back to the skull. But now, we were energized! After all, we would have left 'em alone - not that they'd know that - if they didn't pass the fort and try to charge and chase us... but now they clearly are interested in a fight.

So why not eh? I mean we're a sloop of two. They're a Galleon of four. They should be able to nail us good, especially since I plan to go broadside to broadside. Bad tactic but we're about to log anyhow, so we figured.

Well, they definitely wanted to defend temselves. They fired their broadside shots heartily into our frame. Sadly, they actually hit me in the face as I allowed a slow moving cannon to nail me. Thanks to that... my pal was overtaken by the water and we sank. Were I not to have died, we'd have been fine but "oops".

So I we grabbed some of our barrels as the sloop sank and headed over to nail 'em.

Predictably they were watching ladders and one got me as I blew holes in his ship. Sadly my pal blew off his own fingers playing with the oversized firecracker...

But luck be our lady we spawned at Galleon's Grave. Ha!

So we went in once more. Now bear in mind the Brigantine did some of the work on this island. Also they had a fair shake to get some wave clear as we beat them up. But we hadn't expected the 3rd assault to land so well and sink them another time even as they cleared the captain out and opened the door. Sadly for them, they panicked. The tried hiding loot but failed miserably. We cleared the remaining crew from the island and started looting the horde.

Found the hidden skulls, grabbed a grog's chest, a few shiny things... so on. Then the xbox messages rolled in. Various statements trying to appeal to my kinder pirate, cause apparently that's expected after sinking a person? They offered the typical, why did you do that, what is wrong with you, and so on. Well, we relayed our impression of them having sank a Brigantine and our little sloop kicking their teeth in. I replied respectfully as I could but hey, I had fun. That's what matters right? If you don't want to get beat up, don't bully people? I dunno what the moral is... but I felt justified, as had my universally pacifist buddy.

Overall the messages were ignored but they weren't cursing or being mean. Just whining about loss, and how they clearly fail to understand that's how it is sometimes. We figured they'd be returning and didn't want to risk total loss after our second win and fortunate respawn. So we left the Stronghold chest we had yet to find and some garbage loot and sold the lions share.

Then.. one of them must have been in the water or a tower with the chest and had returned to the island as we were selling things because seeing they hadn't returned to pick up the pieces we sailed back, why not right?

Well, there he was alone and lacking confidence he could overtake my pal and I. The stronghold chest in plain sight. He fearfully, and with concession offered the loot to us. But, no, we're not meanies after all. We let him know our motivation was to act in defense of the Brigantine they had overtaken and only after their efforts to fight us had we bothered to take them down the second time. We don't actually care about the loot. So we let them take it.

They ran off with the limited reward they received and sold it at Galleons Grave as my pal and I finished yet another message in a bottle at sunken grove. Finding yet ANOTHER message there which asked us to sell a barrel at Galleon's Grave we couldn't help but laugh.

So we sailed up to them and in messages let them know we were eon the way and that we meant for peace but didn't care if they fired cause we'd simply respond in kind. We sold the garbage loot we collected at sunken grove and I tried to get them to ally so I could give them an Athena's voyage for their troubles.

But they logged, pity, I wish they had more time... they seemed like good folk if a bit misunderstanding that just because someone sinks you they aren't the villain especially after sinking another vessel themselves earlier.

Either way, I had nothing but laughs at the scenario and had fun, thought some folks might get a kick out of it.

Views
1 out of 1