Sea of Thieves themed Party!

• My wife used to work as an event/party planner and she always throws a great themed party! My birthday was this last week and we did a Sea of Thieves theme so I thought id share some party ideas here!

Decor

Banana Crate!

Map Table with Hateful bounty skull

Message in a bottle

Pirate Avatar Portrait

Table Decor

Barrels, bottles, coins and quests

I came up with a themed beer tasting "quest" where everyone was given a small flight glass and sampled various beers that were piratey (or had something semi SOT related like mermaids or bananas). We made it like a Bilge Rat adventure because it seemed like something they would get together and do! Adventuresome, trying new things and having some fun.

We had a photo wall that featured a portrait of my avatar, a tea dyed 2ft by 2 ft map of the sea of thieves, the jolly roger flag from the game, the red, blue and yellow ship flags plus a cutlass, dagger and gold skelly skull.

Our Crew of scurvy sea dogs!

Dinner
    We made a themed menu based on the three trading companies in SOT.

Dessert Table
    "Castaway Cake"

SOT Cupcakes

Our take home for our guests was this purple glass skull cup we dubbed the "Cursed Sails Cup"

We also played a few rounds of Liars Dice on the map table which was great pirate fun.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, see you on the seas and in the words of Duke, do something daring today!

Views
  • @xironedgex

Wow, just wow!

The amount and effort and attention to detail here is just amazing!

Happy belated birthday matey! It looks like you had a pirate themed blast!

• That is awesome!!! Happy birthday ya scurvy dawg! ^_^

• amazing! I noticed one thing....You didn't invite us forum members to this bday party.....how dare thee!

Either way, she did a great job with this. Im curious what the hateful skull is made of? 3d printed?

• @enticed-malice it's a 5$ plastic Halloween skull I got at Michaels then spray painted silver then painted the green details on :) Id love to get some accurate 3d printed ones someday!

• @xironedgex What a fantastic birthday treat! Awesome props, well done, looks like you had a fab evening!

• That is so awesome!!! You are a lucky man my friend!

• WOW amazing!

• @xironedgex where did you get the font from? I can only find a title case version?.

• @rich223820 This is the font I used for the menus and bilge rat quests sheet. It seems to be a trial version. I used it with GIMP and didn't have any issues, but I did get all the graphic work done in one day so I'm not sure how long the trial goes for.

• Thank you for all the Birthday wishes! It was a fun evening to be sure! :)

• Dude.... your wife is amazing that looks like a FANTASTIC party a lot of care and love went into everything!

• @xironedgex That's great, thanks for your reply. Been looking for a while only found Windlass or something. That one will work perfectly.

• @ve111a Thanks! She is pretty amazing, I count myself the lucky one :)

• @xironedgex Wow, that's awesome! :D

Hope you had a great birthday!

• Man that is amazing. I am sure that was a ton of work, but so worth it. Did she allow you to keep the decorations as part of the permanent decor? And happy belated B-Day, sounds like it was a great time.

• @xironedgex she doesn't do thing by halves, eh?

Kudos to her and a happy belated to you!

• @nofears-fun She did! I added some of the stuff to decorate the Xbox shelf. :) The Banana crate might not stay though lol!

Views
17 out of 18