How discord changed my SoT experience

• I'm often found on these forums telling people to get some friends together. This might come off as if I'm a guy who has lots of IRL friends who play this game. I'll be honest all of my IRL friends don't want to spend money on this game.

I used to play alone and try out random galleon crews just to be brigged or stuck between rocks with a dad and his 2 children playing this game....

That is untill I browsed these forums and found a post for a discord group.
    Now I'll be honest had heard of discord but seeing my fair share of voice chat options I had discarded as another Teamspeak or Mumble. (don't make my mistake)

Oh how wrong I was. I klicked the link installed discord and the way I played games together with people changed instantly!

The discord group I had joined welcomed me with open arms. There were channels made for Sloop and Galleon crews so I'd joined one and others flocked to the channel. We had a little chat exchanged gamertags and started sailing.

I'm still sailing with these friends, some went and others came but the group is always a lot of fun to play with. It's disheartening to only have 4 spots in a single session, (unless we manage to get another ship on the same server) I hate leaving people out.

Discord is great for building a community. It's accessable, you can use it on a smartphone, a webbrowser or install the app on any device really. Some of our members are on X-Bone and use a smartphone with headphones to communicate with us. (almost everyone these days has a smartphone and the little headphones laying around). I often chat with members from my work PC when I'm not busy (since you don't really need to download an app for that).

So in short: If you're looking for a fun group to hang out with just browse the Looking for group section of this forum and look for a discord that suits you. You'll never sail alone again! And this improves the game, sailing together is so much fun!

Views
1 out of 1