PC vs Console side-by-side (non pvp focused) comparison part 1

• Mike Chapman:
    "We won't step on the shoes of the gameplay, we won't segregate our players, we certainly never would do pay-to-win. It would be around something that players love, and a way for them to keep enjoying the content."

source: Tuesday the 7th of August 2018

• @admiral-rrrsole
    Just like they won't add AI ships eh??
    They are full of cr@p & if xbox players keep leaving, then something will be done!

Plus if you put it into the context he was talking about it was more charging for the expansions, as some would & some wouldn't buy them, therefore segregating the players :p
    "We will never charge for those content releases, because that would segregate our players," & he continues with his usual mundane droning waffle!!

FREE updates is now big news!! They'd better be free after paying AAA price for a Game Preview, the community would destroy them if they tried to charge for them. Just like how they've avoided adding the 'shop' with paid for items, again the community would go nuts, but it's now a selling point that they aren't monetising the game YET!
    This interview is just full of it!!

Anyway they are already segregating their players!!
    Those that will continue to play & those that leave, seems like segregation to me

• @electricape said in PC vs Console side-by-side (non pvp focused) comparison part 1:

They are full of cr@p & if xbox players keep leaving, then something will be done!

Again, keep leaving.. so far the numbers are climbing per the releases we were just at 4 million and are now at the reported 5 million mark. That kinda indicates growth not loss.

Heck, even you haven't left ... your still very much here even if you aren't logging into the game.

I can't comment on the actual numbers, neither of us can. We can infer, we can suggest, we can believe, but if we are going off the stats presented SoT is rising in popularity, even if only so long as the events roll out. No one is leaving... people realize the money has already been spent, if anyone is leaving its non-committal Gamepass users who I am pretty sure once they realize that $10/mo opens up launch day access to ever MS exclusive that upcoming.. they'll return... assuming they ever actually leave.

Alot of folks scream about leaving but have months of time invested in the community... even if they don't play the game... interesting. most folks who really leave... usually do just that.

• @blooddoll22
    Probably just 1million more pc players joining as they have been told it's easy killing xbox players & you can cheat & hack with ease.
    Why wouldn't they come & have some fun, i know i would ;)

• So we play on 2 Xbox Ones and one PC Power Rig.

I suck at PVP but I don’t mind cause the PVP in this game is like Minecraft/Roblox. It’s silly and goofy and fun. Not something worth Nerd Raging over...

I have done my own research and noticed the following.

My 14 Year old (PC) and the 17 year old (Xbox One) can jump on a Galleon, kill all 4 crew members repeatedly while eating a bag of Funions.

Although PC does seem to have a Graphical, Mouse/Keyboard and “Speed” advantage my research clearly shows their PVP domination has more to do with their age and countless hours of gaming more so than any Hardware advantage.

I’m 45 and can’t even keep someone from climbing the ladder while I’m standing over it! (I’ve been playing games since the Commodore 64 so it’s not like I’m new to this).

However, when it comes to ship to ship combat (common sense, a little planning, bit of strategy) I’m the best in the house.

So does PC have an advantage? Yes, yes it does but is it so monumental that it ruins the game or cross play should be removed? Absolutely not....

If it bothers some so much just go get a PC.

Am I better if I use the PC? Yes, Yes I am but I would rather be “Meh” on the couch than “Good” hunched over a mouse and keyboard.

• @glannigan said in PC vs Console side-by-side (non pvp focused) comparison part 1:

Am I better if I use the PC? Yes, Yes I am but I would rather be “Meh” on the couch than “Good” hunched over a mouse and keyboard.

That says it all though m8!
    & this is another reason why the debate will continue even if MS do release kb+m for xbox, as most xbox players will feel the same.
    We shouldn't have to put up with being at a disadvantage, no matter how large or small & we definitely shouldn't have to give up our control choice. If the devs cannot balance the input issue then something else needs to be put in place to rectify the problem. Like an option to opt out of crossplay if they feel they want to!

Views
75 out of 76