A tale of bad sailing, a broken alliance, and a bunch of loot nobody will ever get

• Over the weekend, @Ve111a, myself, and a friend were heading into The Wilds to do some dancing, make some friends, and sink some skeleton crews. As we first arrive, we see no one else nearby, so we decide to wait it out. Sure enough, another brigantine comes along (with the right sails, at that!), and we all throw up our pennants and start an alliance. We see a galleon off in the distance at a fort, assuming he is of course stocking up to come join the party. We get through some waves of skeleton ships, then as another one starts, the galleon comes along, joining our alliance as well. I'm not sure what it was about this galleon. Perhaps it was the Legend figurehead on the front of the ship, perhaps it was the fact they would seemingly go out of their way to collide into us as we were battling the skeleton ships, maybe it was the fact they never said a word, but I had a feeling things would go south once we finished off the last wave. We just roll with it, because what else are you going to do until it's over?

Somehow, with just about every pass at a ship, the galleon would be there ramming right into our side. I'm not even sure if they fired a single shot at the skeleton ship, but we were too focused on the battle to pay attention to them. As we fight the final wave, the last ship goes down, and we hear victory music. As we raise our sails to park next to the emerging loot, I notice the other brigantine is a bit of a ways away, sinking. Oh, I guess he ran out of planks, I think. We then notice the galleon pulling up along side of us. Then I understand why the brig sank. This is it, I can feel the mutiny in the air, and I know exactly what is about to happen. For some reason I let it, perhaps hoping they would surprise me and we'd get our loot and go on our way. I sit there, watching as the inevitable unfolds, and right as a cannon lines up with my face, they fire.

As I wait on the Ferry of the Damned, I hear @Ve111a battle it out. He had climbed the mast, grabbed one of our barrels we had saved for such an occasion, and detonated it on board their ship, killing all but 1 of them before finally being dispatched. Our other crewmate also didn't make it. I watch them all pour onto the ferry right as I walk back out.

I walk into the light to begin my mission. If we aren't getting a split of this loot, nobody is. I instantly hop forward, grab the ladder and start climbing for those barrels. On my way up, I'm spotted, and take a shot. I hear another bullet land quite close, but luckily it barely misses. Not looking back, I continue my climb. I grab a barrel, and on my way down see the legend watching me fly by. I land in the water, dive a bit under the front of the ship and let the barrel go as I quickly make my way towards their ladder. The barrel detonates as I'm halfway up, taking my health down very far. It knocks me off the ladder, but I manage to grab it without losing my place. No bananas on hand, I lung on board with my sword swinging. I see my first victim, coming up the stairs to toss water overboard. He doesn't see it coming, a couple of slashes and he leaves this plane of existence. I charge down below deck, and come face to face with another pirate. I get two slashes in, but he blocks the third. He hops backwards, putting some distance between us and raising his sword to block any incoming attacks. Unfortunately he can't block a bullet, and a single shot of the pistol sends him to Davy Jones. I find myself conveniently next to a barrel of bananas, and take a short break to have a snack. Water is quickly rising, and I hear one last soul desperately trying to patch up the many holes they have remaining. He doesn't even see it coming. One stab of the sword and he's gone. I suppose those barrels did some serious damage to them all, because not a one seemed to be full health. I reload my pistol and make my way up top just in case anyone makes it back. It takes a couple of tries, but I start playing Meg's song to send the ship off. The ship sinks, but not the many chests that were left. It's almost a tragedy, the amount of loot that didn't make it. But that's what happens when people don't know how to play nice.

I managed to get a clip of the revenge. Start it around 46 seconds to skip me waiting on the ferry of the damned (just uploaded from xbox, didn't feel like editing). I know my mouse movement is spazzy as can be, I was filled with righteous determination which apparently makes me shake my mouse side to side a lot.

Views
  • Loved it! I think I’d have done the same thing. ;D

• For better or worse, "Great story"!
    Wonderfully written I felt like was there.

• @drunkpunk138

Haha!
    Reminds me of a tale I told recently too, can't beat these stories which wouldn't be possible at all if we had alliances locked down and no revenge possible.

Brilliantly written!

• @drunkpunk138 Son I am so proud of you! That shot on the second guy Indiana Jones style l**o! I got hasty and hit the deck instead of the water breaking my legs and lit the fuse mid air or I'd have helped you lol I'm glad these cowards got what was coming to them we literally said it was a 50 50 split lol now they got nothing. Take that traitors!

• @hoppentosse said in A tale of bad sailing, a broken alliance, and a bunch of loot nobody will ever get:

@drunkpunk138 They were so arrogant, they deserved it.

lol we didn't trust them from the get go they rammed us like 4 times that fight.

Views
5 out of 6