So the sails are bugged. Does Rare know? Do you?

• My buddy is going to hate me for not keeping this to myself, but I feel I gotta say something. Rare has not acknowledged this afaik and neither is the community. The sails are bugged. In that if you're sailing up wind is it noticably faster to angle the sails into ( perpendicular ) the wind. As opposed to the correct way of angling them away from the wind. ( Parallel ). I'm actually very surprised it's not being talked about. It does it on all three ships. It's not right... Was running from a sloop the other night and we left them so far in the dust I thought I was going to get accused of hacking. Try it. Noticably and audibly faster. You can hear the pitch of the wave sounds change according to your speed.

Views
  • @celestron90 You should so a support ticket and not posting this on the forum.

• An example to clarify: I am sailing north, directly into a northerly wind (a wind coming out of the north) and in order to get the best speed I brace my yards so that they are at a right angle to the wind, their tips pointing east and west. This will gain me more way north than any other point of sail in this situation?!

In real life, backing your full sails in a stiff wind for any length of time is a great way to tear down your rigging.

• Pretty sure this has been mentioned here several times. I knew about it and I usually don't know jack about these things.

• I'll type up a ticket.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• I just find it odd that Rare doesn't have it listed under known issues.

• @gatorwocky said in So the sails are bugged. Does Rare know? Do you?:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CATS OUT OF THE BAG IM SORRY! XD

Views
7 out of 8