Returning after a while. Lecture me on what's new?

• Hey pirates, just returned after a break from this game and would like a shortened version of what's new. There's lots of pages of patch notes and I think it would be easier if I learned from a fellow pirate who's been playing since Hungering Deep and Cursed Sails came out. (My break started just before Hungering Deep). Any notes would be greatly appreciated!

Views
  • @fatality2504

loud speaker is now on the second page of our tools. You can use it to talk to ships in cannon range.

Drum came in hungering deep as just another music instrument.

Skeletons can now carry gunpowder barrels and the barrels can be ignited while being carried by both pirates and skeletons. Gunpowder barrels also rock the boat and cannons do too.

Giant sharks, megalodons, are now in the water and may or may not attack your ship.

Skeleton ships have arrived. They have cursed cannonballs and regular cannonballs. They play out just like a skeleton fort except you must sink the ship.

Alliances. We can now put a flag and partner with other ships which let's us share loot, voyages and see one another on the map.

Brigantine. New ship for three people. Two sails, four cannons.

Bilge rats. A new face in the tavern which gives out weekly events and carries limited time items.

The other biweekly events didn't add anything new. Just some lore such as mermaid statues that do not do much as of right now, or piratethrones, which are just wooden chairs to sit in by yourself or with a pirate from another ship. They add nothing, but at the time gave you doubloons which is another in game courtesy used at the bilge rats.

Last is some story. Merrick told his tale and Wanda sparked a war.

See you on the seas!

• Tbh not a hang of a lot really.
    Right now there is a quest to do, and skellington ships to fight, but after a few weeks that'll go.
    But yeah, any content that's been added in your absence has been just as swiftly removed.
    There is a megalodon that sometimes roams around, but like the old kraken that's been removed, it doesn't really gain you anything by fighting it.
    There are some chairs around the place.
    They used to be a thing you did, but now they are just kinda there for no reason.
    Uhhhhh what else?
    A drum and one additional melody.
    An additional ship for 3 people. It's pretty neat.
    A speaking horn so you can call people the N word from further away I suppose.
    Or at least that's all I've ever seen it used for.

Still no exit from pirate legend hideout via waterfall. That turned out to be a blaaaatant lie.
    And skeleton forts are gone too.

Views
2 out of 3