Buddying up - A tale of friendship

• A pirate's life can be a lonely one, I was sailing today in my sloop wondering if it would be the day I went to the briny deep when I saw a ship I had never seen before, the thing looked like a banana!

Nice fellow sailing it around, called it a Brigantine, seemed to have some clip compared to my lil sloop and he said do I want to make an alliance, he gave me a pennant flag, said if I was to ally with him I could see him on me map.

I gave him a sideways look, a likely story, I chuckled in some doubt but to have a friend on the vast oceans would make it seem less of an expanse and sure would be nice to ave someone to tell tales with so I shinnied up the mast and raised it up. Well, b*****e socks of with a cannonball, if it didn't work like he said.

We even seemed to share in the treasures we found, we grew stronger and better faster together until all of a sudden without a word the alliance ended and he was gone, still don't know what happened to him. I shall miss my ally. I think of him often and wish him God speed on the oceans.

Views
1 out of 1